1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bass cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by robbsi, Feb 22, 2014.

1. robbsi

robbsi

Hi
    I have an GK 1001RB-II (8ohm 450watt - 4ohm 700watt) amp, and i'm looking for a cabinet. What cabinet would you recommend?
    If you don't have any cabinet to recommend, how many watts should the cabinet have at the different ohms (4 and 8) to not be afraid of destroying the cabinet?

2. wave rider

wave rider Supporting Member

More specifics like type of music, cab weight preferences, footprint needed, one cab solution or... and so on.

=wr=

3. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I have a 700rbII with a pair of GK 410 Neo cabs. They are a perfect match for the RB heads IMHO.

For the second part of your question, you can blow any cab with any head. Cab power ratings are mostly just a sales pitch.

4. robbsi

robbsi

Music type: groove metal / metalcore.
    If you was thinking about one or two cabinets, i was thinking about one. 4x10 or something like that.
    And I like a good, clear low end in my sound.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hopkins

I would still recommend the 410 Neo in an 8 ohm version so you have room to add another identical cab later for expansion if you choose to do so.

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 if you want a 410, get a good quality 8 ohm 410. The wattage difference your amp puts out is insignificant, but the benefit of adding a 2nd identical 410 is substantial.

8. mikecd1

mikecd1

That 410 Neo would allow you to use the biamp feature on the amp which would give you great flexibility with that cab.

9. Hopkins

I always turn the tweeters off.

10. Renato Pires

Renato Pires

Hi Hopkins,

Im Renato, and im new here. Well, im searching since a few days about the "perfect" Cab combinations: 4x10+1x15...1x15+2x12, 2x410 (8x10)...

Well, i think my amplifier will be the GK MB Fusion 800. And im thinking to buy 2x410 GK Neo Series (8x10).

I never played in NEO Series... What do you think about 2xNEO 410 in terms of low-end/punch? Its a good option?

Thanks,

11. Hopkins

They have plenty of low end and punch. My only complaint is that they work very well with GK Heads, but they didn't sound so great with my Eden Tube head or a few other non GK heads.