Bass chords

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by markjsmithbass, Feb 12, 2014.

1. markjsmithbass

markjsmithbass Supporting Member

The new music theory for bass lesson's up and running if anyone's interested. It's not really theory in the same way as the previous lessons. It's a lesson in building bass chords (just major for now) and how the primary chords in a major key interact. Next time I'll cover the rest of the triads and probably go a bit deeper into voice leading.

http://www.talkingbass.net/music-theory-bass-guitar-bass-chords-major-triads/

Hopefully it's a bit more concise and comprehensive in the chord building side of things than a lot of the starter bass chord lessons on Youtube.

On the subject of these lessons, I've now planned out a series of about 20 improvisation lessons following up on that Getting Started one I just did. The Music Theory series is currently planned up to about 30/35 lessons. I've got about 3 or 4 slap lessons to finish and a 10 part series on Walking Bass planned. So I'm hoping for it to be pretty structured. Also planning out a load of lessons devoted to standard bassline fundamentals which will probably be the most usable!

Mark

2. GastonD

GastonD

Sounds like it'll be a rather comprehensive approach. I really like your work man, thanks for treating us so nice :)

3. Outsider

Outsider

Enjoyed your lessons so far. And I'm still working through them. Looking forward to the new ones!