1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass Chorus: EBS UniChorus or BOSS CEB-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vaesto, Nov 14, 2012.

1. vaesto

vaesto

Hi,

I need "not-that-deep" good sounding Chorus.

I need help to make a decision. So I'm looking for as much opinions on both of them as possible :)

These three are available locally but you may write down other models too.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
    Vaesto
  2. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

I have both. Take the Unichorus. Not saying the boss isn't good. It does have a nice chorus. The Unichorus is a little more lush in some ways. But they are both nice in there own way. I still like the older TC better. The Unichorus is a little more closer to that. If you are new to chorus pedals, any of these will not be your last.
  3. chumbo73

chumbo73

You should also consider:
    - TC Electronic Corona Chorus
    - MXR Analog Chorus
    - Tech 21 Boost Chorus Bass
    - Some EHX Clone
    - MXR Bass Chorus (about to be released)
  4. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

happy with my Boss CEB-3, probably because I don't use it for solo works, just adding some accents in several passages of my band's original tunes
  5. HertzWhenIPlay

HertzWhenIPlay Supporting Member

i am happy with my ebs uni chorus.
    haven't tried the CEB-3 but have tried many others.
  6. Dr Greenthumb

Dr Greenthumb Supporting Member

Out of those 2, the Unichorus hands down. The TC Corona sounds pretty good also. And the new MXR chorus looks promising.
  7. vaesto

vaesto

Hmm...Search expandes with TC Electronics Corona Chorus (with Tone Prints). It is available as well.
  8. Jens Busck

Jens Busck

Another vote for the Unichorus. I've had both and found the CEB-3 too cold and 80's-sounding. I rarely use chorus anymore, but when I do it's the trichorus toneprint on the TC Flashback delay - not as good as the Unichorus, but it does the job.
  9. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

another vote vor the TC Corona. I have one. It sounds great is very versatile, especially with the toneprints. The only chorus sound I couldn't get from it is that cold metallic 80ies chorus, but that isn't too usefull to me anyway.
  10. fasto

fasto

[​IMG]

my suggestion: just wait some more weeks until the new MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe (with Flanger option) hits the market ... then you will have more choices. After so many great bass-pedals (M82, M84, M87, ...) MXR made for us, i believe the new chorus will be another home-run for sure.
  11. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

I bought the Unichorus to replace my Boss CEB-3. But quickly sold the EBS because I like the way the Boss sounded better. For me, the Boss had the twang I wanted for slapping.

But....the MXR looks intriguing.
  12. vaesto

vaesto

Let's exclude MXR - they are seriosly overpriced at local store. And these new models will not arrive in the near future....
  13. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Can't disagree on the MXR pricey issue, but they perform very well. Can't vouch for the current Analog chorus and the upcoming bass chorus, but the Stereo Chorus is stellar on bass, IMO.
  14. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent When in doubt, let your horse do the thinkin'. Supporting Member

Pedals may come and pedals may go, but my EBS Unichorus has been on my board FOREVER, and it ain't goin anywhere!

I'm a "set it and forget it" pedal user, so when I find a sound that I like out of a pedal I generally don't monkey with it too much. I use the Unichorus in pitch shift mode with the depth dimed and a dead slow rate. This gives me a very haunting, hollow, cave-like sound that I simply love.

However, you can use the regular chorus setting to get much more subtle tones, or the flanger setting if you really want to go spaceballs crazy. It's an immensely versatile modulation effect, that sounds warm, organic, and yummy. The one thing it can't do is a really icy, glassy sound (like what I prefer for some tunes on guitar).

You hear a lot of talk about pedals being built like tanks or bricks, but seriously, you could build a house out of EBS pedals... or invade a foreign country with them. I trust my EBS Unichorus more than any other pedal on my board.

You will not be disappointed.
  15. Inconnu

Inconnu

Hmm.... EHX clones, at least the Small Clone, should sound too deep for him... I actually love mine because it sounds deep...