Bass Direct International Orders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hunterred43, Nov 14, 2013.

1. hunterred43

hunterred43

Does anyone have experience with international orders from Bass Direct. Reliability, if things arrived in the shape they were advertised in, turn around time etc.

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

I can't remember if I answered you before....
    But I bought a Wal bass from them last year. Arrived pretty quick on FedEx, and my customs fee was pretty low (about $87).
    And just this week I bought the spare fretless Wal neck they had listed. Again east to deal with.

This part has nothing to do with the store: The only thing that takes several days is the banks doing their international wire transfer thing. So you have to check with your bank on what the fee is, and what their version of the exchange rate is. Example: xe.com and other show market exhange being 1.5975, then the banks go like 1.6395. Not drastic, but if making a 5k purchase it can add a couple hundered more.

3. hunterred43

hunterred43

You did answer me before. I'm just scared. Seeing if anyone else had experience with international orders. I guess I'm getting okay with admitting that. I saw the guy was featured in on of the UK bass magazines. I want that shedua wal its just a bunch of green for a bass I haven't touched. It looks in good shape etc.