1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass Feedback

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by TRichardsbass, Aug 11, 2013.

1. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
    Okay, side by side comparison:

Hartke LH500 at full volume through Hartke HyDrive 1X12 cab. Could not get it to feedback.

Vivid VTouch 2180 at full volume thought same cab. Cool feed back!

I know that some of my previous amps seem to be designed to make it nearly impossible to have feedback (not counting old vintage tubies.)

So I'm wondering, have any of you noticed the ability to create guitar like feedback with your Class D amps, where you couldn't on your other amps?

This was an interesting phenomena when taking my new Vivid though some practice to see how I will use it live.

(I am a Vivid and Hartke endorsed artist. This is NOT an attempt to market anything. Just looking for your input on your experiences with your amps.)
  2. BassNoobSuomi

BassNoobSuomi

Try using a hollowbody, or chambered bass. And boost your mids.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I can create feedback on anything if it's up loud enough.
  4. BassNoobSuomi

BassNoobSuomi

Only feedback i got that way was the guitarist telling me to turn the **** down... :p
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups