1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

BASS FIND OF THE WEEK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turbo2256b, Feb 18, 2013.

1. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Just decided to start this these are personal encounters.

First is realy last week. Dropped in a Pawn shop. Back in the corner behind the counter a Corondo Fender Bass.
    Looked like it had been in a war. Fret board wear, fret wear, chips gouges, pealing all over, crusty strings pealing and crusty bright metal parts. Real rough like a 5 year old played with it sometimes. Price 1600.00 offered him 300.00. He showed me a spotless one on the internet that was 1600.00 so figured his was
  2. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Monday stopped in my friends used gutiar shop. Noticed in the bass section a acustic bass gutiar. Looked like a fender neck. picked it up. The guy that brought it in had bought the neck frome someone. He the ripped the frets out, cut a 1/4 inch or so back on the tuning key side head to make it look different. Drilled 4 holes and counter sunk them through the neck to screw it to a no name acustic body. What!. Turned it over to check the neck a jazz bass 50th anniversary
  3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Now, why didn't he just buy a Fender Kingman?!
  4. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

The guy usually just hacks something togeather and tries to sell the stuff on consinment at my friends shop. It sounds dicent but I would have bought it just for the neck if he hadnt hacked it.