BASS FIND OF THE WEEK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turbo2256b, Feb 18, 2013.

1. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Just decided to start this these are personal encounters.

First is realy last week. Dropped in a Pawn shop. Back in the corner behind the counter a Corondo Fender Bass.
    Looked like it had been in a war. Fret board wear, fret wear, chips gouges, pealing all over, crusty strings pealing and crusty bright metal parts. Real rough like a 5 year old played with it sometimes. Price 1600.00 offered him 300.00. He showed me a spotless one on the internet that was 1600.00 so figured his was

2. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Monday stopped in my friends used gutiar shop. Noticed in the bass section a acustic bass gutiar. Looked like a fender neck. picked it up. The guy that brought it in had bought the neck frome someone. He the ripped the frets out, cut a 1/4 inch or so back on the tuning key side head to make it look different. Drilled 4 holes and counter sunk them through the neck to screw it to a no name acustic body. What!. Turned it over to check the neck a jazz bass 50th anniversary

3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Now, why didn't he just buy a Fender Kingman?!

4. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

The guy usually just hacks something togeather and tries to sell the stuff on consinment at my friends shop. It sounds dicent but I would have bought it just for the neck if he hadnt hacked it.

5. Register to disable this ad