1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass FX with Guitar or Guitar FX with bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Threeleggedyoyo, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Threeleggedyoyo

Threeleggedyoyo

Hey guys... here's my conundrum.

I'm playing a doubleneck bass/guitar with a single out. I like multieffects pedals.

Do you think I'd be better off with using guitar effects with a bass or bass effects with a guitar?

At the moment I have a GT6. I'm wondering if I might be better off with the GT6B.

Thanks for any input.
  2. Swift713

Swift713

Are you using any kind of amp modeling, does your dirt sound thin? I've have better results with bass gear for guitar than with guitar gear for bass.
  3. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Effects are effects. Ignore the " bass" or "guitar" marketing (generally speaking).
  4. iualum

iualum

100% :eek:
  5. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

You might do well to look for a used Line 6 X3 Live. Has both guitar and bass orientated effects and amp models.
  6. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Like everyone said, either will do the job. I am going to have to go with Swift, though. I've had better luck with bass gear on guitar than the other way around, but it's not a universal truth.
  7. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

+1

I used a GT-6B on guitar for a while. Worked pretty well, I thought.