1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass -> Korg MONOTONE

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Floridabwoy, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

errr... monotron.

Has anyone seen this yet?

This might get epic. Anyone have a demo w. bass?
  2. thesaddpenguin

thesaddpenguin

Someone has to have recorded a clip of this, right? At least a file from a handheld recorder or even webcam. Enough of us have a Mac with garageband, I think I speak for the rest of the talkbass community who has heard of the monotron when I say.. What does it sound like plugged into a bass?
  3. thesaddpenguin

thesaddpenguin

I just realized the threadstarter spelled it incorrectly :oops:!
  4. Magikal

Magikal

I have been wondering the same thing, I heard it sounds like crap... Literally. But I still want to find it and test it too. Good luck!
  5. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I think mcsleazy has one or had one. He might have some clips.
  6. Colonel Monk

Colonel Monk Supporting Member

Dunno about as an effect box but I've seen some other demos where someone created a whole song on it and it was pretty lord. Some really killer filtered synth basslines.

Getting one, worth 60 bucks.

out
  7. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

i have one and have played it with a bass and it wasnt spectacular. the only thing i could get out of it was a bit crushing tone or a bit of filter
  8. Colonel Monk

Colonel Monk Supporting Member

Not suprised. As a synth filter you need sustain and harmonic content to get much out of it.

Same deal with any low pass, it'll give you dub, but if you want to ride it with expression you need some dirt on the bass.

As a little synth it's pretty cool. I've heard some great songs written with it.

out
  9. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy