1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass Lessons in the West Phoenix Area

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by BassGoblin, Dec 13, 2013.

1. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

Since I'll be getting my hands on a shiny new bass soon, I figured I should seriously consider the lessons thing since it isn't something I ever did with guitar.

Is there anyone on the TB forums in the Glendale Arizona area willing to teach me? I'm new to the area so I don't know anyone on this side of the country that plays.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this!
  2. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

3. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    I live in Glendale, not sure if I'd qualify myself to give you lessons but depending on your level I know several people around the valley that could help you out.

Edit: What are your goals with the bass? You played guitar before but no lessons?
  4. bmb73

bmb73

Look up Todd Johnson
  5. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

I'm going to be taking a lesson with Michael Singer on the 26th. My goals are just be the best I can be. I have never had lessons for guitar so I figured I'd try to start off on the right track with bass and dive right into lessons.

Martin, Where in Glendale are you?
  6. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    I'm around 51st Ave and Northern.
  7. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

I got my bass last night... Holy **** I'm not used to it. Stretches are hard as hell. Martin, what would you charge for lessons
  8. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    If you just want to jam this weekend and see where you're at that's cool,no charge. If you're interested still $15/30 min.
  9. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

Problem is, I don't have a bass amp. My 'amp' for the moment is Rocksmith and computer speakers.
  10. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    That's not really a problem, what part of town are you? It's a 4-string?
  11. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

Yes, its a 4 string. Im' at 109th and northern, but I work just off of 51st and camelback, so you're right along my way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    That's a very cool bass. If you want to meet some time tomorrow I have a fairly open schedule, just let me know what's good for you. I would rather meet at your place at least initially so I can see what you're working with and maybe be able to tweak it so it'd be more enjoyable for you.
  13. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

Tomorrow isn't going to be any good unfortunately. Everyone is getting out to go riding quads/shoot guns in the desert. Would anytime next week work for you?
  14. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    Yeah, shouldn't be an issue, you have a pretty set schedule? Message me on here and we can try and get something set up.