Bass Method Question

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Jepus, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Jepus

Jepus Supporting Member

Hi all,

After 13 years of playing, self taught at that, I've decided I really need to improve.

It seems this book is the go to for most players so I've ordered it. Only problem is I don't have any CD players in my house. I'm completely digital, are the CD's a massive part of it?

2. fearceol

fearceol

You'll get by without the CD, but IMO they help you to grasp the concept of a given lesson, in that there is a track for each lesson in which you can play along, using what has been learned in that lesson.

Perhaps you could beg, steal or borrow (..or buy.. !!) a cheap portable CD player ? ;)

3. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Or ask someone to rip the CDs for you. You gotta know someone with a computer, don't you?

4. lyla1953

lyla1953 Supporting Member

The CD's of course are a good bench check and make it more fun ...However, if you can read notation (especially rhythm) at an intermediate level, you can get by without the CD's. If you are TAB dependent - then you'll need the CD.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jepus

Jepus Supporting Member

Well in the end I just got a torrent of the CDs and downloaded it. Gonna start working my way through the book, hopefully it'll improve my dire sight reading.

7. john m

john m Supporting Member

Call it what you'd like----- there are usually working CD players for sale--- around $10 or less.

8. Super Iridium

Super Iridium Supporting Member

The CDs are worth having. For some of the lessons, it's just too difficult to see how the bass part might fit in with the other instruments, but when you hear the track on the CD, it makes the lesson easier to understand (and play).

They are great books by the way -- I'm working on them now too!

9. TheBluePhoenix

TheBluePhoenix

That seems to be the easy solution. A CD can be ripped to MP3s in a matter of minutes. I still buy music CDs and then immediately rip them. The CD then becomes a backup.

10. Jim Campbell

Jim Campbell Banned

i found a used dvd player for 10 bucks....hard to imagine anything cheaper these days...most cds will play in dvd players