1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bass Muff Problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Westie475, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Westie475

Westie475

Im sure there are already a few threads on here about the big muff, but I'm new on here so forgive me if someone has already answered this problem.

The other day I bought a Bass Big Muff Pi off of Amazon, recieved it in good packaging and good quality. I bought a power supply and a new lead to connect it up to my amp, engaged the effect, and it sounded great! I then turned the effect off and it muted the signal completely. It confused me because I thought that would have affected the engaged effect, but it works fine when using the fuzz. Any help at all? The dry out has the same issue, great clean sound im used to, but only works when the light is on!

Please help!

2. MonkeyBass

MonkeyBass

EH has some funky issues sometimes. Maybe it's the switch. I had a problem with my Big Muff a few years ago and it fixed itself one day.

I know this doesn't help, just feeling your pain.

3. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

Try it with a battery only.

4. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Dodgy foot switch I think. it happened to me once and as above it fixed itself. Work the switch a little see if it helps

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DuckMike

DuckMike

I had to return the first BBM I recived for the same reason (plus others).
    Sadly, construction-wise the new EHX are not as good as they sound.

7. Westie475

Westie475

Okay, thanks for the help guys! I have tried it with battery only but I got the same.problem, so I'll give the switch a wiggle :)

8. Mitch_bassman

Mitch_bassman

I bought a big muff pi and had the same problem. What I ended up doing was remove the battery and run it through my daisy chain, no worries. I think it's either one or the other: either run a battery or power supply.