Bass neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zombie40cal, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Zombie40cal

Zombie40cal

Looking to replace my rosewood P bass for a maple (love that look). Should I go for the Mighty Mite ($110) or go for the Warmoth ($350). Is there a huge $200 difference in the quality and is it worth it.
  2. ExTek

ExTek

I haven't heard good things about Mighty Mite's rosewood fingerboards. A lot of people say their maple is good, but I disagree with that as well. I'd go with the warmoth
  3. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

I've had both. The Warmoth is worth every penny. Do some study and learn what all their options mean for you.
  4. benthughes

benthughes Supporting Member

Warmoth necks are pretty heavy but, in my experience, very well built.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I'm sure they are both good so I guess it all depends - I got a MM P rw/maple vintage tint finished neck for that price and it's quite nice. (no issues w/the rw board) If it does't check out just send it back.
  7. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

8. AGH

AGH Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    All of the stuff I got for free wore out!
  9. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Supporting Member

I hate to say it, but I've loved every allparts neck I've found. I have an allparts neck on a tele that is just plain *sweet*.
  10. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I forgot to mention it before; if you're looking to save a few bucks, order your neck through Guitar Center/Musician's Friend when they're having a "15% Off Accessories" sale. I scored a gorgeous Mighty Mite body that way. I ended up paying $161.50 instead of $190, not to mention the free shipping.

EDIT: Mighty Mite AND Fender necks are available through these online distributors. I should've been more clear.
  11. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Mighty Mite necks are fine, though they usually require some fret work to make them great. Mighty Mite necks are thinner than Warmoth necks, which along with Allparts tend to run a little thicker, so that is something you may want to consider.