1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bass Player mailing labels

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Engine207, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time. Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    I don't know if there are many collectors (read: hoarders) of Bass Player Magazine, but I have a fair collection of them going back to when they were a quarterly publication as a special to Guitar Player or whatever. I've even made up a spreadsheet of each of the features, woodsheds, and other articles, so I can find resources when I want to. Short story - I really like the magazine.

That's why I'm so disappointed with, of all things, the mailing labels! I try to keep my collection in clean condition, and have always peeled the mailing label off easily...because they had been using the rubber cement-type adhesive. Now that they've switched to some kind of industrial-strength glue, I destroy the cover trying to get them off.

When I called (and emailed) them, they said, "Oh, we'll just resend you the issues in an envelope without a label. Great idea...and I appreciate that they didn't tell me to pound sand, but wouldn't it be easier to just send me (and everyone else) just one issue - with the same kind of peel-off label that the rest of the magazine world uses?

OK... [/rant] I just had to get that out.

continue...[​IMG]

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    And you're welcome thank you.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. But those mailing labels were the only way to get my name on the cover of Bass Player!

5. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

I would care if the label covered up some info on what's inside that would be nice to see. Otherwise, I read them and pass them along to another bass player friend of mine.