1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

BASS PLAYERS IN LA????

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by LAJAZZBLUESGUY, Sep 22, 2013.

1. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

hi guys, i am a piano player in Los Angeles and i host a jazz blues jam session and i desperately need a bass player. i have some great musicians out but we can never seem to find a bass player.

are there any BASS PLAYERS IN LA? who want to play for fun and experience and learning? i know it's LA and people want $$$ but i am hopeful that there is someone out there that chose to play music for the joy not the $$. it's a great networking experience and great tunes.

i've posted flyers all around town and i'm hoping someone in LA will see this ad and contact me. i hope to hear from you!

Please email me. say hello. let's make this happen!

thank you!!! :)
  2. lexington125

lexington125

just curious - LA is a BIG place; whereabouts is this jam?
  3. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

i'm more self taught/ garage punk/performance art, but if you can't find anybody more pro why not
  4. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

I don't share the same sentiments as Hapa. If anything I feel ya and know where you're coming from. If I'm free and feel like a new experience/adventure, I'm always down to jam and network with new musicians. Not everything has to be for money. Part of the music thing for me goes back to the roots of just having fun. I'll email you and exchange info
  5. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

Anyway, feel free to PM me about the details. The open jam is located in Hollywood/Vine area. And is on the 3rd Saturday of each Month. from 1 to 3pm.

It's open, friendly and we have some great players. Just got to find a regular bass player. I have jazz charts too for people to play, so if you can read charts, even better.

Upright or electric is welcome. Thank you guys for your interest, hopefully we can play together sometime. Feel free to PM me.

It's not a paid gig. I'm trying to find people who just want to play music and have fun and learn. We're all there because we have fun playing music, it's a great forum to try new things and experiment and we want improve our musicianship and meet other players in the area as well.

Mod edit: cleaning
  6. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bass Industry guy, currently a free agent
  7. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

8. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

Any Bassists in LA want to jam? Drop me a line. I have a jam in Hollywood on Saturday afternoons. I'd love to have you out! :)
  9. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

The Jam is in LA/Hollywood. On the third Saturday each month, from 1 to 3ish pm. It's open to the public, we just like to play good music and have a good time.
  10. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

The next Jam in Hollywood is Oct 19. Drop me a line if interested in joining us!
  11. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

Hope to hear from LA bass players. drop me a line :)
  12. drnknmstr

drnknmstr Supporting Member

Networking is cool. Hopefully Vinnie Colaiuta or JR Robinson are on the gig? That would be a nice network ;)

What part of town you gigging in?
  13. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

Well, it's an open jam for people to play and get to know each other. Im pretty sure Vinnie wants to get paid. We however do it for fun and the love of music, as crazy as that sounds.

The jam is in Hollywood
  14. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

played at exposition this morning, kind of dehydrated and tired, i'm located north of LA in tujunga canyon
  15. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

cool. what jam? mine's in Hollywood if you want to come out?
  16. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

Hey guys the jam session in Hollywood is this Saturday afternoon. Drop me a line if you can make it. Hope to hear from you!
  17. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

I host this jam today from 1pm to 3pm today Sat 19, in Hollywood. Let me know if you can make it out. Thanks!
  18. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Hey Charlie, just wondering if you have a bass player for today. As you know I have my House Concert tonight. It would be tight for me today but let me know.

Javi
  19. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

Next Jam is Sat Nov. the 16th at 1pm in Hollywood. Let me know if anyone would like to come. thanks!
  20. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

got to go to an art show in beverly hills that day, might be able to stop by