Bass - Putting it together

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by chrisdean, Jan 29, 2013.

1. chrisdean

chrisdean

So, I have Squier Precision bass with broken neck. I'm intending to buy refurbished precision bass neck, fender original precision bass pickup set and standard wiring kit for fender precision bass... When i buy all parts i will try to put my bass together. My question is: is it supposed to work? And of course any additional advises are welcomed.

2. Rocky McD

Rocky McD Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    I've never heard of a "Refurbished" neck. Who are you getting if from and what has been done to it. There are plenty of good to perfect condition used necks for sale. I would be suspicious of a refurbished neck. All of the parts you mentioned will fit on a Squier P bass body.

3. chrisdean

chrisdean

I found it on ebay auction, thought auction is not over yet, here is picture ( i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFgzODg=/$(KGrHqV,!oEFCyPWfZ7MBR!Ij3DJZw~~60_3.JPG?set_id=880000500F ), seems fine to me. I could in other hand, buy fender lincesed replacement neck but this would be cheaper but still pretty much the same thing.
    Thank you for your answer.

4. tbplayer59

tbplayer59

I'll say it's "supposed" to work. There tend to me little variations in the geometry of these parts that could make putting them together aggravating, especially in the neck heel area. The electronics should be no problem.

5. Register to disable this ad