1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass recomendation

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Seba_H5001, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Seba_H5001

Seba_H5001

Hi guys, well the first thing is that this isn't a best metal bass thread lol
    I'm planing on doing a jump in the quality of my bass, so I'ld like to know some great basses, my budget goes around $1500-1600.
    So that's it, thanks! :hyper:
  2. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Need more details. Your skill level, type of music, rig, etc.
  3. sven kalmar

sven kalmar

a nice fender pbass?
  4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

A used Pedulla. Rickenbacker. American J bass. Used German Warwick.
  5. P Town

P Town Guest

Fender American Deluxe P, or J. Active, and passive modes. Very nice workmanship. Wonderful instruments.
  6. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Fender MIA P or J, used Spector, Alembic, Lakland.
  7. azzyrazzy

azzyrazzy

Currently, which bass do you think you want?
  8. Inconnu

Inconnu

G&L L-2000 (or L-2500 if you want a 5er).
  9. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

Used Dingwall or new Dingwall Combustion.
  10. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict Supporting Member

This. ^

Without knowing the above info, all you are going to get are other players recommending their own personal favorites.
  11. Seba_H5001

Seba_H5001

Wow I forgot something, I'd like a 4 string, that's just enough, and maybe 1500 was too much, but I could save a little more :p I think I'm a pretty good player, and play a little of everything, from classic rock, to metal, to funk, alternative, jazz, I'd say everything hahaha. So therefore I'm looking for a bass that could serve me for everything. Also, I live in South America (Chile) so if anybody has a good online site to buy a bass (or equipment also) i'd be very grateful ! Thanks guys, you are great :D

PD: Currently I'm just looking for a Am Std Fender Jazz, and I've heard an ESP Surveyor is also pretty good, and been looking some Ibanez.