1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bass Related Dreams You've Had

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by The Owl, Oct 22, 2012.

1. The Owl

The Owl

Share your bass related dreams here:

Mine was somehow meeting Jack Bruce, and having a 2 bass jam with him, and somehow I wound up playing this oddly modified Gibby EB3 with 8 strings (in pairs).

2. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

I had one that I was playing in a jazz quartet type setting and played a killer solo. I woke up and was like.... damn.

3. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

I had a dream that I was playing a gig and the neck fell off my bass, so I picked it up and put it back on. Then a snake slithered across the stage and started to coil around my legs.

4. GLEN18INCHSPICA

GLEN18INCHSPICA

I have had a handful & it's usually a scenario where I'm playing something I didn't even know I was capable of flawlessly or I can't make it work or lock in with the other musicians in my dream no matter how hard I try. Not much inbetween.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Raudsarw

Raudsarw

I'm sitting at a bar when someone comes up to me and says they need a bass player, right now, and they'd pay me 1000 euros for just one song if I don't screw up. I get up on the stage and get handed a sheet of music, I think no problem, I've trained for this. I sit down, and discover the music is written in medieval notation. I just sit there awkardly for a few seconds as the song begins before the dream ends :bag:

7. LassoTheMoon

LassoTheMoon

Yeah, I've had the 'music in weird notation' dream before now. Including that time I dreamt that I went to a gig only to find that the music was written entirely in Japanese.

There was a dream I had where somehow I was standing in the middle of Leeds city centre trying to find this random bar. When I got there, I was informed that Mark King was there and he really wanted to borrow my cello because he couldn't do the gig that night without it. Then he asked me if I had a bike and went out, leaving his Status bass behind.

8. Salamenster

Salamenster

We (my band) suddenly formed a RUSH coverband (none of 'em likes Rush) and at that time I only had a J with flats. So I brought it to a gig and then suddenly realized that I needed rounds (I don't know why I haven't tought of that earlier in the dream). :ninja:

So I needed to scurry home, install roundwound strings and go back to the gig. The band members were furious and I got into a fight (That's 3 vs 1 :help:).

That was the end of the dream (I don't know why it suddenly went violent... :eyebrow:)

9. LassoTheMoon

LassoTheMoon

I've had a similarly violent dream where I was in a Level 42 cover band, and for some reason I sung the vocals brilliantly in rehearsal only to mess up at gigs. Eventually I was beaten with my bass and knocked unconscious.

10. Duckwater

Duckwater

I have reoccurring dreams of owning custom Rickenbackers and Warwicks, also I have dreams of being able to play the Double Bass.

11. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

I have dreams, not infrequently, about my bass breaking or being somehow destroyed. Some of them have been so real that I wake up in a cold sweat, desperately grasping for my bass.

12. basstulip

basstulip

Hi folks

I had a dream that this bald bassist got into a band and was thrilled but since then he can't take off his hat and reveal his bald head - condition attaching to the membership of the band - he wears this hat to bed. Tragedy was, he picked up some strange skin irritation on his head and ended up appearing on embarrassing bodies - (a uk tv real life doctor/patient advice programme).

Very wierd !!

Major attempt to ingratiate himself with this band - aaagghh that was the really awful bit - nothing worse than these people who so obviously do their best to curry favour with people...awful but most insightful.

13. Salamenster

Salamenster

Another part of my dream was that nobody knew any RUSH songs besides me. How was that with your level 42 coverband?

14. wideload

wideload

Boy, you guys are messed up! I only dream about kittens and soft green meadows (and maybe a large Dutch woman in leather).

My bass dreams are either 1) I'm playing stuff I could never do awake, or 2) I completely woof on stuff I'm supposed to know.

15. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Bass Related Dreams You've Had

########################

I dreamed I got to play through a bass rig that was about 8 feet tall and 10 feet wide.

I could almost do that with the equipment that I have now. With 3 bass heads and 6 speaker cabs. I have never hooked them all up together. The most that I have done is 2 heads and 4 cabs.

16. zarah825

zarah825

I've probably had a ton but last night... (I've been having really lengthy and complicated dreams lately)

I remember my "band" - in real life it's still pretty new and unofficial - had some sort of gig and the setup was an absolute mess. Tangles of cords, I couldn't reach my amp to turn it on, and we waited so long to finally start that my pick kept melting in my hand :confused:

For some reason Thom Yorke and Ed O'Brien were there and I kept asking them for help and they ignored me. So when they left I started playing with Ed's Tele and got in trouble.

I was later told my band would go on at 2am and had to play for exactly 7 hours. Good grief.

17. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude Supporting Member

I have two different reoccurring bass related dreams. Both where My basses turn into something food related.

One of the dreams, involves being at a sound check for a show. When I pick up the bass the neck breaks off in MY hand, only to reveal that the bass is in fact constructed completely of that Little Debbie "Nutty Bar" stuff and cleverly painted to match one of MY basses.

The other dream, involves Me pulling one of My basses out of a gig bag, to discover that it had been flame broiled like a hamburger patty from a Burger King "Whopper".

Yea, I guess it shows where My head is really at.

18. BassPlayer900

BassPlayer900

I once had a dream where I woke up and leaning against my wall were two new basses: a Gibson bass with a silverburst body/pickguard/neck and Gibson Ripper pickups. And a Midnight Blue Rickenbacker 4003. I plugged the Gibson bass into my amp and when I hit the E string, the sound was this massive bassy muddy noise.

And the odd thing was that I was playing it through my 25 watt combo amp but the sound was HUGE. I've never played a Rick or a Gibson either.... And sadly I never got to play the Rick. :(

19. the wako kid

the wako kid

I have had dreams where the necks on my Ps have shattered and fallen apart into a thousand pieces as I played.I keep picking up my guitars and they destroy themselves in my hands.it was so real I was still crying when I woke up.

20. Russell L

Russell L

Dreamed I was late for a symphony orchestra concert . It was a nightmare (that awful feeling, ya know? Like, what am I to do, crawl under the curtain with my upright and stool, LOL?).

21. 4dog

4dog

Never ever dreamed about my bass or playing ,, been doing it 34 yrs,, not one