1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bass Strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 2string1, May 20, 2013.

1. 2string1

2string1

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

I've never used them, but it looks like a nice, comfortable strap.

3. 2string1

2string1

I haven't bought a strap in a long long time. Is this a good brand. It's kinda pricey.

4. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

I got my first Franklin strap about a year ago, now I have four of them! I love the feel and the workmanship, great straps. Two of mine are this exact model and two are very similar, but have the hand tooled ends.

The last one that I bought was from this seller and the service was good by the way. (The others were bought at GC.)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drummer5359

Yes, they are a little pricey, but they are top quality. They are so much better that my older straps, I wanted to have one for each of my "good" basses.

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

It's probably fine. But you might want to check out the Mono "Betty" straps. I really like them, and you can get them cheaper than the Franklin. Check Amazon from time to time. But they're not leather. Very comfortable though. Pro Comfort Strapps are very comfortable as well, but I don't like the length. I seem to be right between the "Long" and the "Extra Long" versions. The Mono Bettys are more versatile from a length-adjustment factor.

8. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

I have the $40 version without the extra padding. Damn fine strap.

9. 2string1

2string1

Do you have a link on the hand tooled ones?

10. Deechord

Deechord

Nice straps....I have a couple on my guitars. For my bass...I use Italia straps...the 4" wide one.

http://italiastraps.com/

11. drummer5359

12. dirtbeard

dirtbeard

I have one of the vintage style franklin straps. Only had it for a month but quality and workmanship seem very good.

13. 2string1

2string1

14. moothra

moothra

let us know how you like it

15. 2string1

2string1

16. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

a 65 dollar strap better felate me while i play

17. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Seriously? As a person who just did some price shopping for straps, this isn't too pricey. I just spent $55 on a MONO strap (long) and it isn't leather.

On a side note, I don't recommend the MONO strap. I am sending mine back for a short one to see if it is better but the long one is way too low even at it's shortest. I am not tall but I am not short, I am around 5'11, and though it looked cooler than where I normally play, it was not comfortable to play the bass that low. To top it off the MONO buckle sits right on your back, I only wore it for a few minutes but I could tell that after a 4 hours night this would be very uncomfortable.

18. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Disclosures:
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    I have a very similar one from Levys which is by far the most comfortale strap I own. I Like the smooth garment leather back, which lets you adjust the bass on your shoulder more easily that the ones that have the rougher leather on the inside. About the same price.

19. 2string1

2string1

My strap has lasted me 20 years. So $65 every 20 years isn't so bad... I play every weekend...

20. scatbass

scatbass

OK - I'll plug them. I have one that I use 99% of the time. You're gonna pay top dollar, but the quality (and cool factor) is incredible. Oh, AND you'll piss off the PETA crowd:

http://www.snakeskinstraps.com/

21. 30yobass

30yobass

I bought a "Leathercraft uk" one last month when i went to London on holidays, on Denmark Street (full of music shops).
    It feels very nice and comfortable.
    Now you can get them from ebay or amazon, cheaper than from the shops (24 quids), but worth every penny/euro.