1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bass String Question?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by campbems, Mar 3, 2014.

1. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

I bought a brand new Ibanez BTB 1405 and I love the strings that are in it but the problem is I don't know for sure what came on it. I've researched and can't find any information as to what Ibanez uses on the BTB premium bass. I have a new SR Premium and it came with a tag that said Elixer strings. Any idea what Ibanez uses on their BTB premium bass?

2. StevieMac

StevieMac

3. cold prep

cold prep Supporting Member

Ball ends with different color ?

4. campbems

No they are all the same color for the ball ends.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. basskal77

basskal77

I heard from a friend of mine that they put the elixir. By the way man I'm pretty interesting to the same bass and I thinking to buy it. Can I ask you your very first impressions? How the bass sounds compared to the Bartolini models? Is made in japan or korea? You will record some audio clips? Thank you

7. campbems

I have always been a Music Man Stingray owner and this bass has blown me away. We play Contemporary Christian music ans play several gigs a week and have recorded some CD's and the playability and clarity of this bass blows me away. The craftsmanship along with the electronics it has is something you would expect in a bass that would cost double the price. My band mates say there is no comparison to the tone and sound compared to my Music Man. I can't say about the Bartolini models but the Premium model with the Nordstand pickups is the best bass I've played and I've played a lot of different higher end basses.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Generally I hate Ibanez basses since they quit making the Musician, but the BTB series is pretty sweet. Steve Boone from the Lovin' Spoonful has a 4, and it's pretty cool.

9. basskal77

basskal77

Thank you! If you're going to record some audio-video clip just let me know!

10. campbems

I will try to get you some soon.

11. basskal77

basskal77