SOLD Bass Super Sale!!! (Spector, Dingwall, G&L, Ibanez)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MDBass, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    Far too many excellent basses in my stable aren't being played regularly, and instead of continuing to hoard them I decided it's time to send them along to be played and enjoyed as much as they deserve :bassist:

Edit: I've reduced the prices to assist in finding them new homes, they won't be going any lower than this ;)

Second Edit: I'm hitting the road again for a bit starting this weekend, so in an effort to find these killer instruments new homes before then I'll take an additional $50 off, as long as I'm paid by Thursday :D

Details for each of these fine instruments can be found below in the thread:

Spector Forte 5 SOLD

Spector Euro4LX

Dingwall Combustion w/ upgrades

Spector Rex 4 w/ upgrades

Vintage (1989) G&L Lynx w/ Moses Graphite Neck

Vintage (1986) Ibanez RB650 MIJ Roadstar II PJ SOLD

I'm a professional player as well as a tech, and all of the basses have been well set up and properly intonated; they are all also sporting freshly cleaned strings.

There are photos of each bass below, and I can send additional hi-rez images to anyone interested as well.

Not really looking for trades, though I may consider a trade+cash deal for one of the more expensive basses as long as it's at least half cash.

Any questions of course feel free to ask.

Cheers!

2. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Spector Forte 5 - [DEL]$1900 shipped/$1800 local[/DEL] $1700 shipped/$1600 local SOLD

An NS-5XL without inlays or a fancy finish for 1/3 of the price! Purchased from a fellow TB'er a few months ago.

Upgraded pickups and preamp to EMG 40P/J's & Aguilar OBP-3, it weighs 10lbs even; plays and sounds amazing, the only reason I'm parting with this one is I use four string basses for nearly all of my gigs and sessions, if it was a Forte 4 it would be staying ;)

Mint condition aside from a tiny ding at the heel, 9.5/10, Spector gig bag included.

Attached Files:

3. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dingwall Combustion w/ upgrades -[DEL] $1400 shipped/$1300 local[/DEL] $1300 shipped/$1250 local

Second generation model (active/passive switch, bone nut, redesigned pickups, etc.) purchased new from Dingwall earlier this year.

Added push/pull volume pots for series/parallel switching and swapped out the preamp for an Aguilar OBP-3; ridiculously versatile and only 8.5lbs!

Absolutely mint condition, 10/10, still has the QC sticker on the neck; comes with a hard shell case.

Attached Files:

4. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Spector Rex4 w/ upgrades - [DEL]$800 shipped/$750 local[/DEL] $750 shipped/$700 local

My first Spector! I've had a lot of sentimentality issues about letting this bass go, but my Coda and Euro simply get all the playing time now. I'm the original owner, bass was purchased new from a dealer about two years ago.

The pickups have been upgraded to EMG DC's and the preamp swapped out for an Aguilar OBP-2; a serious tone upgrade over the stock setup, and light for a neck-thru/all maple bass at 8.5 lbs.

Excellent condition, 9/10, the only noticeable blemishes are a tiny ding at the heel, a hairline crack in the clear coat on the lower bout, and some very light belt indentations on the back; comes with a Road Runner gig bag.

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    G&L Lynx w/ Moses Graphite Neck - [DEL]$550 shipped/$500 local[/DEL] $500 shipped/$450 local

Purchased from a fellow TB'er a few months ago as I've always wanted a vintage G&L, but my Spector Coda is still what I pick up for 80% percent of my gigs and sessions and it's too good to just be sitting around, so it's now up to someone else to rock it properly :bassist:

Obviously very unoriginal (it's apparently been owned by quite a few TB members in it's lifetime) with an amazing Moses graphite neck, an excellent satin black refinish, and new pots (the originals are included as well); the neck adds extra punch and resonance to the already ubiquitous 80's G&L sound, and brings the weight of the bass down to a very light 7.5lbs!

Excellent condition, 9/10, the only blemish even worth mentioning is a tiny ding near the output jack, comes with a Fender hard shell case.

Attached Files:

7. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    1986 Ibanez RB650 MIJ Roadstar II PJ - $300 shipped/$250 local SOLD

Recently picked this up here on TB as I'd acquired the bug for a vintage P style bass; plays and sounds great, but I prefer the sonic flavor another P bass with an Aguilar 60's pickup, so I'm sending this one along.

It's very light, especially for a vintage bass, at 7.5lbs and I've heard a lot of people gush over the stock DiMarizo pickups so I'm sure it will be perfect for someone out there!

Excellent shape considering it's age, 9/10, no big chips or gouges anywhere, just some light dings and the usual finish aging/belt rash on the back.

Attached Files:

8. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

love those roadtsar PJs...but where are all the pics?????

9. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Just uploaded photos of all of the basses...the indirect morning light did a particularly nice job of showcasing the beautiful wood grain on the NS-2J and Forte 5 :D

10. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Ha ha! That's my old roadstar! Buyer beware that bass is super easy to play and super light...and it looks bad arse! GLWTS!

11. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    PM's replied! :bassist:

12. kochkoch

kochkoch Guest

Where is the Rex 4 made?

Friedrich

13. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    The Rex is the Korean model, as far as I'm aware they aren't producing the USA model anymore ;)

14. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Gold Supporting Member

BUMP for awesome basses...especially the Forte 5, which I was the original owner who had her custom built with the EMG 40/P5 40/J, and the OBP 3. Let me say this...this bass is a TONE MONSTER! I used it to record a band CD in 2012, the recording engineer LOVED the tones of this bass, an easy and super fast player. I wish I'd never sold it but needed to fund my new custom ordered Coda 5 jazz bass. I'm thinking really hard about buying this one back...:D This is a USA Spector NS-5XL but without all the bling of gloss finish and inlays on the fingerboard and for 1/3 of the price! Still received the same meticulous hand built from master craftsmans in the Woodstock, NY Spector shop. Buy it! It WON'T be around much longer. :ninja: :bassist:

15. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Thanks for the bump Ice, I'm sure we could work out a deal considering you're a fellow Spector Club member and the original owner of this beauty ;)...it's really a phenomenal instrument, easily one of the best sounding and playing I've ever owned...I just wish it were a four string :bassist:

16. crawlingchaos

crawlingchaos

Hi!
    I Pmed you about this beast ! :D

17. Holdsg

Holdsg If its got strings, and sings, I'm interested Supporting Member

Some very nice basses in this thread. gLWTS

18. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Thanks brother, let me know if one of the Spectors catches your eye ;)

19. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Bump for a fantastic bass from a great TB'er.
    I have one of the other 14 basses from this Woodstock Special Edition run (mine is #10 of 14).
    It's easily the most flexible jazz pup bass I've ever played. It does everything from creamy smooth back lines to raging wild solos. The walnut top on these basses is breath taking to look at and coming from the USA Woodstock shop they get a lot of attention to fit and finish and build quality. Top notch bass in a very limited run at a great price!

20. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Thanks for the kind words brother!

This one really is the cream of the crop and walnut is my favorite tone wood...I am honestly torn about parting with it...

I used it for a recording session last week and the producer just about lost his mind over how good it sounded :D:bassist:

21. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Local deals pending for both the Forte and the Roadstar! :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.