Bass synth

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DangaDanga, Mar 26, 2014.

1. DangaDanga

DangaDanga

I'm trying to get as close to a keyboard bass sound as I can as well as something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkik97YkiE0 . Does anyone have any suggestions on what effects could help me get close to these sounds?

I get the other factors involved such as bass,amp,fingers etc. I just want to get as close to those electronic/keyboard bass sounds as I can
  2. stinky634

stinky634 Supporting Member

Sounds like an envelope filter with a low sensitivities so it doesn't engage, then filtered at a certain frequency. Pretty sure most filters could do this. MXR BEF and the SA Manta are 2 I have personally tried. Then add a little dirt to the top. The manta has dirt built in too.
  3. iggy

iggy

I've got the Manta also and I think the dirt it has is terrible. Not smooth at all. It sounds very glitchy and erratic. The Manta could have used a noise gate built in to control the dirt bleed from this pedal.
  4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Unless you're looking at spending big buck, you ought to check out the Zoom MS-60b, it really is by far the best inexpensive bass synth processor out there at the moment IMO. The synths on it sound great and track superbly - much better than the Boss or Digitech offerings. One of the models is the venerable Korg G5!

I can't listen to your sample right now, but I'm sure you would be able to get close to typical bass synth tones with this unit.
  5. JBTucci

JBTucci Supporting Member

EH Bass Microsynth?