Bass Tech in Maryland/DC/VA

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jazzbrew, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Jazzbrew

Jazzbrew

Can someone suggest a good bass tech in the MD/DC/Northern VA area? I just got a brand new Ibanez SR600 bass and I need it setup. I'd like to get the action setup as low as possible. I made some adjustments myself and while it is better - I think it can be even lower, especially with the D and G strings.

Thanks!
  2. sensei_steve

sensei_steve Supporting Member

Check out http://www.philtone.com/index.html. He might be the best around.
    For a basic setup, i have had several basses setup this year at the guitar center on joppa road in towson, md. Sorry, i don't know the guy's name, but he does great work.
    I hope this helps. Please pm me to let me know how you made out.
  3. Davesound

Davesound

Hi

Ron at Bill's music house Frederick Rd,Catonsville Md 410-747-1900or 410-744-1900.Just set my Ibanez Miko up for me.Also did my two Fenders. Never had a problem.

Davesound
  4. Immigrant

Immigrant

I hate to be one of "those guys", but you really need to learn how to do it yourself in this case.

I've owned six Ibby SRs, and every one of them required setup adjustments every couple of months, no less than 4 times a year, in order for them to be the way I liked them. Liked.

It's relatively simple if the bass isn't completely out of whack, a slight tightening of the TR when it was cooler, looser when warmer, some saddle adjustment here and there. You'll save yourself money and the headache of dropping your bass off every other week.
  5. Jazzbrew

Jazzbrew

I actually appreciate that Immigrant and that is what I'm considering doing. I just want to have someone I can see if I totally screw things up.

I've got the action fairly low for the E & A strings but the D & G are still pretty high in comparison. If I make them too low I get a lot of buzz. I'll surf the site and see if there is any information to help get me more in the ball park.
  6. dStar

dStar Supporting Member

+1 Phil's done work for me.