1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass to Imac

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rickson, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Rickson

Rickson

Hey everyone. Hope you can help.

I have a Fender Am. Deluxe i'm trying to plug into my Imac through jack-mini jack into line in.

This works for Takamine accoustic bass but I seem to get no signal through the Fender (in both active and passive mode). Anyone have an idea how I fix this ?
  2. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

I am guessing that it is because your acoustic has a preamp. That is a line in, it needs a pre-amplified signal. You would be better off with an audio interface.
  3. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I have no idea why you would get no signal at all with your bass, especially since its active.
  4. Rickson

Rickson

Yes, i thought the builtin preamp would suffice and since the acoustic works, I have no idea why my Fender won't work. I'll try at a different setup tomorrow and see what happens.
  5. nshuman

6. nshuman