Bass to USB Cord?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by grass132456, Feb 2, 2014.

1. grass132456

grass132456

Hello! I have a short question.
    What is a decent bass to USB cable to buy so I can directly record my bass instead of recording it using a crappy laptop microphone? I don't want anything too long or too expensive :)
    ~Jackson
  2. jeffbonny

jeffbonny _____________ Gold Supporting Member

There is no "cable" to do this. You need a device to convert the analog signal to a digital signal. You want cheap Behringer probably makes something for under $50....probably sounds like ass too.
  3. grass132456

grass132456

4. jeffbonny

5. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

Apogee Jam. They just came out with a New And Improved 96k model, so you may find the older 48k models on the used market at a good price. As Yogi Beri might have said, "The audible difference should be pretty much inaudible."
  6. jeffbonny

^^^That sounds like good advice. Never used the Jam myself but the Apogee products I have used (a Duet right now) have all been good bang for the buck.
  7. Hawkbone

Hawkbone Supporting Member

I have a Behringer UCA222 that I bought for the optical interface it provides to my Viso1 portable stereo, but it works ok as a small inexpensive recording interface or USB powered headphone amp.
  8. grass132456

grass132456

Is the Apogee Jam 96k worth the extra money? And it doesn't seem like the 96k version is available on the website atm.
  9. suckybassplaya

suckybassplaya

You might want to check out the Rocksmith "RealTone" Cable. It is supposed to be used for the two Rocksmith games, but I have heard people say it just shows up as a separate audio device when plugged into a computer (Windows or Mac).

Amazon Link

Check out the first review. The guy says he got it to work with Garageband and it does the job well. Decent deal for $30.00.

Then if you like it, you can always buy the Rocksmith version that doesn't need the cable ;)