1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

bass tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by harpspitfire, Jan 2, 2014.

1. harpspitfire

harpspitfire

hi all- looking a cheap bass tuner, i see the korg CA1 and Snark SN5 on ebay for under $10--any advice? heres the issue, im actually DEAF!- i just had a cochlear implant done 3 weeks ago, i picked up a keyboard at the music shop to 'learn' tone and sounds, im doing quite well on it, about 40 years ago i played the bass for awhile and have a $30 junk here, however i cant hear well enough to actually tune it precisely, so im looking a cheap tuner to see if i can play the bass again- i see the snark is a clip on for vibrations, the korg has some kind of plug in type, is this used with an amp? TIA- john
  2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

I own both. Each one will do the job. The Snark clips onto the headstock of your instrument. The Korg requires you plug your instrument cable into it... tune... then plug cable into amp.
  3. Lownote38

Lownote38

The Snark has never failed me. I used a Boss stomp box tuner before, and now it just lays around because the Snark is all I need. For the price, it's the best tuner I've found. Especially for a 5 string.
  4. harpspitfire

harpspitfire

thx all, ill order one
  5. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

Kudos to you for doing this. I am a fairly good tennis player. Two years ago, I got a tumor in my right calf, surgery, radiation. I can't run any longer, but can still hit balls. We should all do what we love, no matter what it takes, no matter how far we can go.
  6. pritomghosh200

pritomghosh200

Dude u can use soundx ca-093 its gpt cromatic,bass,guiter,violin eyc. Though i use it in chromatic mode.. and its price is 5$
  7. spaz21387

spaz21387

I like the korg pitchclip. I just picked one up and love it. I tried it side by side with my pitchblack and they were spot on. For a 20$ tuner you cant beat it.
  8. huckleberry1

huckleberry1 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    student
  9. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Supporting Member

The CA-1 has a mic or you can plug into it. Stout little piece of gear
  10. harpspitfire

harpspitfire

snark got ordered, ill post how i make out with it!