1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass using parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by angst178, Jul 27, 2013.

1. angst178

angst178

I have everything I need except a body to build another bass. I love V's but there is only one body style unless you spend 5k through a custom shop.

So I am going to make my own.

[​IMG]

The neck and bridge are from my SX project from earlier this year and the pickups are from a couple of different Dean Metalman basses I've had.

Thinking about making the body from maple.
  2. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

From the pic, I'd say the body needs to be a bit wider. It looks tiny next to the neck.

Best of luck with the build! Keep us posted.
  3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Looks good, but I bet the tip of that upper bout breaks off the first time you hit something with it
  4. angst178

angst178

Here is a pic of the mockup next to a Dean V to compare the size.

[​IMG]

You might be right about that. Might refine the design when I actually begin shaping the wood. A Jackson Rhoads V isn't completely pointy at the end, it seems to be slightly rounded.