1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Bass VI project *STUNNING*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lpcarter, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Here is arguably the most beautiful instrument that I own. It's a Warmoth build, and I did everything in my power to do it up right.

It's a bound ash body, wenge neck and a beautiful figured ebony fretboard. A mastery bridge, Curtis Novak pickup with a coil tap (JM-180), a custom ebony/bloodwood stack knob (volume/tone) The pickguard is finished oak ply, semi transparent to the naked eye.

These pictures made the teal burst look darker at center than it really is. It's a standard teal burst, lighter in the middle.

There are a few scratches and a nick on the back, I tried to photograph it all.

The headstock logo reads "Manta Ray BASS VI", my girlfriend at the time told me it looked like a manta ray, and the name stuck.

Phenomenal instrument. If you're a fan of the bass VI, this one is for you...just in time for Christmas! Shipped in a gigbag, paypal okay. Looking for

$800

Attached Files:

2. tmoney61092

tmoney61092

What makes it a project? I made a Bass VI myself and have to say they're pretty incredible instruments

3. lpcarter

Oh, just that it was a warmoth build. Self assembled and wired, pickguard was made by hand

4. jbiscuti

jbiscuti Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Grolsch Strap Locks
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassTrane

BassTrane

Bump for a great build

7. bassinplace

bassinplace

Apologies for my obvious ignorance, but I'm curious enough to ask, what makes this a bass? Looks like a regular guitar to me.

8. change-jug

change-jug

It`s a bass because of the tuning,E to E,one octave lower(like a bass). It should also have a 30` scale neck,longer than a guitar neck.
    Awesome build man!

9. bassinplace

bassinplace

10. lpcarter

Thanks! And I would like to confirm the scale length at 30". I should have included that in the OP

11. 77PBass

77PBass Supporting Member

Any sound clips?

12. dlenaghan

dlenaghan

I just got rid of my Dano VI... anyone considering a Hellcat should definitely give this a long look. Cooler than a Fender VI, better setup than a Hellcat, more solid than a Dano.. good luck bump!

13. electracoyote

electracoyote

As a fan of extended range basses, baritones, and hybrids, that is really nice.

14. lpcarter

Thanks guys! Hellcats are cool, i decided either that or a build. Build was a good choice!

I'll work on clips

15. SolomonHelsing

SolomonHelsing

Guessing it's a US only shipping? No harm to ask i guess =]

16. Shinyflavors7

Shinyflavors7

17. wfmandmusic

wfmandmusic Banned

18. lpcarter

I have shipped abroad before, i think it's about $50 more expensive depending on where in the world.

19. Bongokid

Bongokid

Damn, I really I wish I had the coin for this bad boy. I know right after Christmas I'd have it. HAHA, hope to see this one again when I amoed up.

20. rduval

rduval

What does it weigh?

21. lpcarter

I don't have a scale at home but it's not all that big, and it's ash. I would guess it's in the 8s? Low 8?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.