1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass with the letter B on the headstock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by canadian_man_44, Aug 4, 2012.

1. canadian_man_44

canadian_man_44

Does anyone have an idea what this bass might be. Just has a fancy letter B on the headstock. It's a jazz style bass. Sorry, no pictures right now.
  2. line6man

line6man

Benavente?
  3. GM60466

GM60466

4. canadian_man_44

canadian_man_44

Here's a picture of the headstock. [​IMG]
  5. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Ah... I remember those basses. Was looking at them a long time ago on eBay. They had some pretty looking (not sure about playing though) Stingray copies for around $100. I forgot what the "B" stood for but it was something like "Classic Bass" guitars and just used a cursive "B"... Again, not sure since it's been so long ago.

I think they are now selling their basses under the name of Dr. Tech... can't say for sure but it looks like the same MM-style clones.
  6. Avalon

Avalon

B is for Bentley - at least in this case. These are entry level basses from what I have seen around here.
  7. greenbreengiant

greenbreengiant

canadian_man_44 -- what kind of bass is this?? I just bought one in a goodwill auction.