Bass Zone Formulas

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by SBassman, Feb 19, 2012.

1. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
    Bass Zone Formulas

No judgement from me, positive or negative. I know nothing about this. But, I just came across it, and I thought it would lead to some dialog.
  2. Russell L

Russell L

>>>"Learn how to use your nose to align your body with the bass."<<<

LMAO, I had to stop there. I also saw the phrase, "..."as easy as 1,2,3." I didn't read the article actually. It has nothing to say to me.

Nothing about learning to play music on an instrument is as easy as 1,2,3. And there are no secret short-cuts. Many folks don't know that, though, and easily become the victims of chicanery.
  3. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

I'm always amazed how far down into the post you have to go to get to how much. $77 is a little high in my books.
  4. kevteop

kevteop

I suppose if you only play waltzes.

I have to confess a secret love for the form of these get-x-quick scheme trailer pages. The disregard for typography, the giant headlines every other paragraph, the way they waffle on for 2000 words without actually telling you anything. I might write a script for generating them and use it to market itself. :D
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

No mention of playing well.
  7. Intenzity

Intenzity Supporting Member

Dwayne made a good tapping video in the 80's complete with parachute pants and a mullet. He broke down all the two handed stuff very well. Not my thing, but it was cool to see how it worked.

But the content was good. If he toured with Robben Ford, he can play. Period.
  8. SBassman

Disclosures:
    Yup. No doubt he can play.

One of the negatives of the marketing of that package - and other similar ones - is that there's no way to make personal contact with the author. If I am going to invest in something, I want to see the author - outside of the marketing materials. If you go to the website with his name, it's - still a marketing site for that package, not a personal website. Across both sites, I didn't see any way to write to the author.

I don't understand how people can invest time in educational materials - and then market them that way. There's a Better way.
  9. SBassman

Disclosures:
    Somehow I found my way back to this thread.

Thought I'd bump to see if anyone went for this.
  10. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Media:
    LEARN BASS IN JUST THREE EASY STEPS!

1) Learn how music is put together using keys, chords, harmony, rhythm and stuff.
    2) Become fluent at expressing your musical knowledge and understanding on your chosen instrument.
    3) Perform with other musicians to develop your understanding of what works in a variety of styles and genres.

YOU'LL BE PLAYING LIKE A PRO FASTER THAN YOU EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE!

It's as easy as 1-2-3! So, I just saved all you guys thousands of $$$$ that you were going to waste on lessons. PM me for my PayPal details if you'd like to make an appropriate donation of around, say, $77.
  11. Turxile

Turxile

Most of the time when I turn on the radio these days I hear a song with the bass playing just the root notes. :(
    So the secret formula could be;
    1) Learn the 12 notes on just 3 strings and 5 frets of the bass (prerequisite; you have to know the alphabet at least until letter G). All the other are never to be touched.
    2) learn to thump the strings (one at a time) with two of your right hand fingers in time
    3) get the chord chart for the song, and play each letter you see 4 times.
    Enjoy your rock star life style!

And then the advanced lessons; the pentatonic scale! You'll transform your playing in minutes!

Joking aside, there is a good deal of sad truth in the above, for a large number of bass players!

Oh, I forgot the align with the nose instructions :p
  12. SBassman

Disclosures:
    Who else?

I once again found my way back here, after seeing yet another basszoneformulas ad.

Anybody have it and want to entertain us with a review?

Honestly, I Bet it's pretty good, and I bet the worst thing about it is the marketing material - that the author didn't write.

I corresponded with the author a couple of years ago, and he agreed that the marketing stuff they attached to the package was less than stellar. He seemed like a good guy, and no doubt he can play.
  13. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Can play and good guy doesn't equal good teacher