1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bassballs vs BB Talking Machine

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Leedleleedlele, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Leedleleedlele

Leedleleedlele

The EHX talking machine will probably be the next pedal I buy, does the Baseball's setting cover the tone of the real deal?

2. thabassmon

thabassmon

Okay I bought a Bassballs in 2001 and very recently got a talking machine. I have now sold my bassballs. The talking machine can do everything the bassballs can do but heres where the fun begins. The talking machine's bass balls extras:
    Reverse sweep (BB Synth)
    Expression (BB Wah)
    Triangle or ramp LFO (BB Phaser)
    LFO speed and depth control
    Envelope sweep speed control
    Built in Fuzz Gain and Tone
    Ability to use any combination Of Envelope/Expression/LFO simutaneously.
    Effect loop (Use Dist or Octaver etc without interfering with envelope triggering)
    9 Presets.
    I Love the Talking Machine, I do miss my Bass Balls but only really on a sentimental Level. I'll post a vid of the talking machine on youtube.

Bo0tsy likes this.
  3. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

Had them both. I believe BB is better in single pedal. TM is a digital simulation of it.

Bo0tsy likes this.
  4. Bo0tsy

Bo0tsy

I have both the EHX Talking Machine and a Russian Bassballs on my board. As per thabassmon's comments, the Talking Machine is a very flexible pedal, it does Bassballs and Wah very well, (although to my ear it sounds very slightly digital when compared to the analogue Bassballs, but I'm probably nitpicking). I mainly use the Talking Machine for the various other more vowel-like settings. It's a very funky fun pedal.

5. Register to disable this ad