Basses and Stuff I'd like to see brought back

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kevin aka Kebo, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Kevin aka Kebo

Kevin aka Kebo

Disclosures:
    Owner - Kebo's Bass Works
    Yes I stole an idea from an existing thread BUT as a retailer and as a player, Theres a ton of stuff I'd like to see return - Your thoughts?

GIBSON
    -- Please bring back a 60s style Tbird. I hate the black hardware and the teflon soap bars. How about a real EB1 with modern tone?

RICKENBACKER
    -- How about a 4005? What about a 4000 with a preamp onboard?

FENDER
    -- How about a Precision and a Jazz that is EXACTLY like a 73-76 right down to the finish texture

Can someone PLEASE make a kickass semiHollow?

Amps - How about a B15 that sounds like a B15. What about big and heavy all over again.. lol... I sure miss my Sunn, Ampeg, Marshall, Hiwatt etc...

2. T-Funk

T-Funk

Fender American Deluxe Precision 5-string bass with the bridge humbucker pickup.

If Fender ever decides to release the said bass again on the market, I will be the first in line to make a purchase.

3. spade2you

spade2you

Peavey Cirrus and Millennium for me. I'd gladly buy a Cirrus 6 and would have no way of resisting if they introduced a Millennium 6.

4. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Go back to the separate bridge and tailpiece for the TBird as well.

For Fender I'd like to see the Performer return with a better electronics package, ultralight tuners and a graphite reinforced neck.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. silvertone

silvertone

7. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

The fender Hot Rods, i think they ARE bringing them back but they are like 2300$ msrp or some other BS.

8. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

An updated PEAVEY T-40!!!!!

THIS time, please make it 9.5 pouinds or less! If I had a nickle for every player who said "I'd still have my T-40 if it didn't weigh a TON!", I'd have enough money to buy a brand-new issue T-40 (if they ever make one!)

Howzabout it, Hartley? Why not a Peavey Custom Shop Re-Issue Made In Meriden, MS. USA natural-finish, twin humbucker, maple board. black pickguard bass and guitar? Revisiting the glorious past has done well for the Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Charger, etc. etc. I don't see why it wouldn't improve the bottom line for a company like Peavey?

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  10. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I have been super vocal that Gibson does a proper Thunderbird reissue. I don't think they hear a word we say. 10 years ago the parts were not available now there are plenty! Gibson blew it on the NR reissuie, body is to thick, pickups in the wrong location, ridiculously beefy neck, pickguard the wrong shape and of course that wonderful black hardware. Don't get me wrong it's a decent bass but if you have played a real NR it doesn't compare.I pretty much only use vintage gear. 60's and 70's Gibsons and Fenders. Amps Hiwatt, Sound City, Marshall, Ampeg, Sunn, Acoustic etc etc. again all from the 60's or 70's. I tried a reissuie Ampg V4B and it clips it won't distort......................I think it even had a clip indicator light. I passed on it. Give me vintage gear anyday. My latest acquisition ;) [​IMG]

11. Tamey75

Tamey75

The fender performer would be awesome with a p bass pickup too

12. Lo-E

Lo-E

A proper reissue of the Fender Tele Bass w/ "mudbucker".

Carvin's LB-50

G&L L1000 and El Toro

The early version of the Musicman Sabre

13. NightTripper

NightTripper

RICKENBACKER: bring back blueburst!!! Perhaps it could replace Midnight Blue. It is beautiful and makes a great contrast to Fireglo.

OP, there are lots of awesome hollow and semi-hollows out there: Hofner Violin, Club, Verythin, etc., Epiphone, Gretsch, and now even Fender with the Coronado and Starcaster.

14. topcat2069

topcat2069 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GK Amps / non compensated Warmoth Guitar and Bass Parts
    +100

15. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I'd also love to see the Rickenbacker 4000 return. Best Ric I ever owned was a late 70's fireglo 4000

16. David Grunigen

David Grunigen

The Guild Starfire , with darkstar pickups! Preferably a longscale version.....Also the Peavey B-Quad....

17. GonzoBfiddy

GonzoBfiddy

I'd love to see Ernie Ball bring the Classic Sabre model to the game with the "pre-Ernie Ball" electronics pkg. P/U selector switch, phase and treble boost switches. And a 5-string version of that model would be nice as well!!

18. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:

1974 Ric 4005 WTB

Gibson 1953-1958 EB1

Fretless Musicman Saber.

Gibson Les Paul Signature Bass

19. Joedog

Joedog

I still kick myself (about 40 years later) for selling my mint '68 Ric 4005. Especially when I see what they are going for nowadays. Actually they don't seem to come up for sale often. Not sure how may they made, but not many! IMO the best looking bass ever made. Mine was Jet-glo (black). Tone was awesome through those "toaster" pups, into 2X15 JBL's. Haven't found better to this day.

20. Relayer71

Relayer71

1) Reasonably priced ($800 - $1200) Ibanez Musician bass.

They made a limited edition a couple years ago that listed at $10,000 (retailed for $8,000) but they must have been on drugs at the time.

2) They should also bring back the Ergodyne but make them in natural wood finishes like the SR600.

3) I would love to see a bass version of the Fender Elite Tele with a small body and rounded edges.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachme...ele-elite-2-fender-tele-elite-1983-walnut-jpg

http://www.chrisguitars.com/fen83tele-walnut-elite-ser33.jpg

21. WillyPop

WillyPop

Disclosures:
    Ashdown Amps, Yamaha, Musicman & Washburn Basses
    Yamaha NE-1 equalizer