1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bassfish by Goldfish Guitars Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TolerancEJ, Dec 25, 2010.

1. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

With my recent acquisition of a Bassfish and a TB search, I saw no clubs. To rectify this oversight, I am beginning one now. I'd like to know if anyone else owns one (or if I'm the only person.)

This is the thread where I was deciding which bass to get.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714643

[​IMG]

#1 Bassfish
  2. cultrvultr

cultrvultr

What's the build quality like? How does it compare to a similarly priced bass like an SX?
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

@cultrvultr - Build quality, I thought was a decent design. I was basically expecting a novelty bass but everything seems to be built correctly and sounds good unplugged and plugged into my amp. The only thing I want to do is set the action lower. It is possible as the bridge is fully adjustable. I haven't tried an SX so I'm unable to provide a comparison.

@pica - Pretty much goes with anything. This might be the perfect bass to play John the Fisherman. Don't worry, I was expecting a bunch of food-related jokes anyway.
  4. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
    Are you still playing the bass? What do you think of it after this time?
  5. RED J

RED J Half Hip, Half Hick Supporting Member

Here's another goldfish shaped bass, slightly pricier.:D
  6. SBassman

Disclosures:
    That's a fat fish. :)
  7. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

If you gig with this bass you should throw Goldfish crackers out into the crowd!
  8. SBassman

Disclosures:
    I have one - I think it's totally gig worthy.
  9. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I am still playing this bass regularly. Basically, it is a nice travel sized jazz bass.

It's been awhile since I played anywhere live, but this bass would definitely fit in the rotation of instruments. (I have sort of a thing for interesting/novelty-looking instruments.)

@Red J - I love the MM Bongo. A Bongo HH 6 is currently #1 in my wishlist.

@gjbassist +1 on the idea of tossing out Goldfish crackers to the crowd. (product sponsorship deal, maybe?)

@SBassman - I'm not sure if you're into the TB Clubs thing, but I'd like to give you Bassfish member #2 if you'd like to accept.
  10. staurosjohn

staurosjohn my boy Maxie!! Supporting Member

The question I have is... is it any good for metal?? I don't think this question is asked enuf! :D
  11. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Certainly! You can play anything with it. People smile when they see it. I still like my Bassfish.
  12. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

My three year old's body is constructed of about 45% Goldfish. She would LOVE this bass. Hmmmmm......
  13. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Their target demographic is children, but honestly, it's just a compact jazz bass. I'm gonna pick up an eye sticker to put on the body.
  14. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

I like that,small easy to travel with.I'd have to add this to mine though. [​IMG]
  15. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

This is more what I had in mind, so the eye would move around when I'm playing.

[​IMG]
  16. Roadkill

Roadkill Short Scale Addict Supporting Member

Mine's "Cherry Burst" which I like to affectionately refer to as "Hellfire Flame" ;) :
    [​IMG]

Mine plays great although I'd like to rewire the pickups in series. The neck is quite thick, I'd not think a child could play it?
  17. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

The Bongo is shaped more like what you would flush a goldfish down rather than an actual goldfish.
  18. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

#3 Roadkill - Wow! There are 3 of us?! I don't think the company had cherry burst when I was looking at them.
  19. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Some people do not like it, but I love the Bongo! The MusicMan Bongo 6 is currently among the top 3 of my wishlist.
  20. Roadkill

Roadkill Short Scale Addict Supporting Member

Great idea! Can I be #3 ? :D

EDIT> Oops, beat me to it - thanks!