bassfuzz.com website question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grygrx, Dec 26, 2012.

1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Media:
    I spent some time over the holiday working on the bassfuzz website. Being this close to the action I can't say it easy to judge what I've accomplished (except some behind the scenes quality of life stuff).

If you would take a second and take a look, and give me any feedback (both positive and negative) I would greatly appreciate it.

http://bassfuzz.com/

2. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows Supporting Member

Looks nice and clean on my mobile phone. Your site was responsible for TONS of purchases back when I was searching for the right fuzz. Looking forward to some new reviews.....

3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Kudos for the new look !

4. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

digging the new look!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Awesome website!!!! I'm using Chrome. I'm having a problem when I play embedded videos and then click on photos... The video audio continues in the background which is nice but when I close the picture windows the video has disappeared and doesn't come back until you back out and restart. Minor issue but just wanted to let you know.

7. icecycle66

icecycle66

8. grygrx

Media:
    Excellent observation, give this man a gold star!
    [​IMG]

You not down with the brown?

9. grygrx

Media:
    I'll take a look at this and see if I can replicate, there have always been some issues with the way embedded video worked that didn't make me happy. It's time to take another stab at it though.

10. odineye

odineye Gold Supporting Member

I was going to note the same issue. Both in Safari and IE8. Other than that, I love the site. Nice, easy layout and navigation choices. My first time to your website, but I've always gone to your videos when researching pedals. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

11. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Disclosures:
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Yeah, I dig that a lot. Looks way more modern. Easy on the eyes. Not cluttered. Lots of pics for the ADHD ILFers. Very nice, indeed.

12. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

Will you review the deluxe bass big muff soon? Thanks for your time and effort on the website!

13. Andyman001

Andyman001 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Pretty cool, first time checking it out. No problems with the video using firefox.

14. grygrx

Media:
    It's not on the agenda, though I should probably consider being more timely with things.

I'm almost done with a Mountainking Megalith review, and I have a FEA photon, and Oxide that need some love too.

15. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Looks good but the color of text VS. Background = hard to read On High Res screens(1400x1050) + up. Zoomed in it's fine but some of us are getting old and the eyes aren't what they used to be

16. grygrx

Media:
    Spent a little time messing with the lightbox/video overlay stuff. I think I've got it fixed for firefox/chrome. The new reviews work for IE as well, but some of the older stuff acts funny (the video is ALWAYS on top). I have to decide if it's worth going back to the old stuff to fix each by hand.

I'll look at the text thing a little later and see if there is some tweaking to be done there for contrast readability.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

17. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

one comment though, i dont know whether it will be an issue to others, i think it is better to group the review section by manufacturer and than have a drop down list of the manufacturer pedal, that way your review list will not be that long.

Edit:
    okay you have that on the big list haha

18. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Looks a lot better dude!

19. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I like for websites to give up the goods on the splash page. I want to land and immediately like what I see, and have a good idea of what else I will find there. The current landing page ("home") is confusing, if I didn't already know you I wouldn't know what the site was for. 1/4 of the page is menu, 1/4 is ebay ads, and the middle 1/2 is in two narrow columns, not easy on the reading eyes.

If it was up to me, I'd make the "Big List" page be the landing page, as that one tells me what the site has to offer. Or, I'd make a fixed post (always stays at the top of the page) that says something like "Reviews of fuzz effects on bass! Welcome to the scorched earth of bass fuzz reviews!" etc. :)

I'm using a small laptop, small screen. The logo text in the upper left corner wraps as:
    BassFuzz.c
    om

Keep up the good work!

20. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

everything's good from my side. i'm using chrome with 11" macbook air on OSX 10.7.4

21. Shish

Shish

1) I'd like larger font for Big List.
    2) Mr. Black Eterna is twice n the list. And I don't see any good reason for using "other" in descriptions. Eterna is a reverb, Mothership is a synth, etc.
    3) I don't like reviews when you need to go through multiple pages and each of them has like a paragraph of text. It's annoying. I would much rather read the whole review on one page.
    4) Sound: 7
    Value: 6
    Overall: 7
    This text in the end of review is black on dark brown and hard to read.