1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bassist for Kevin Ayers in 1972 BBC Session?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Din Of Win, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

Hey all,

I've been listening to Kevin Ayers' "BBC In Concert [Hampstead Theatre Club, 20 September 1972], and the bass is incredible.

Does anyone know who the bassist was on this recording?

:bassist:
  2. anserdudu

anserdudu

after a youtube research it says it was Mike Oldfield on bass (backing band were "The whole world"), there are some on tunes on that tube...
  3. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

I didn't think about Youtube :/

I also thought that it was right between Mike Oldfield and Archie Legget, i wasn't sure if it was one of them or someone else. Thanks :)
  4. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

Found out! It was actually Archie Legget in the specific recording i was asking about.

:scowl: Kevin actually said his name right at the beginning of the first song, "Take it away Archie..." :eek:
  5. anserdudu

anserdudu

ok, now I've learned something new too, thanks
  6. RickC

RickC Supporting Member

Gotta check that out. After reading this thread and went on a Youtube hunt and found some Ayers BBC clips with Oldfield on bass, and his playing was sublime.

/rick