1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Bassists vs Other Musicians - economic

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by FunkOff, Jan 26, 2014.

1. FunkOff

FunkOff

Jan 26, 2014
    Ontario
    Whats up everybody,

I am conducting some market research on the bass guitar market in Canada/ the world and I am having trouble finding statistics dedicated to the bass guitar market.

I am trying to find the percentage of bass guitar players vs musicians in Canada/ Nation.

If somebody knows a good site to find this information or happens to know the percentage with a link to back it up please hit me with it!

Us bassists should know how big or small our community really is!

Cheers,
    FunkOff

2. Sponsored by:

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Based on a local (French) music shop, there is approximately one bass sold every 30 guitars, 1 every 12 if you only consider electrics.
    Most bass owners (at least half of them) are active musicians, while hardly 1 out of 10 guitar owners truly plays.
    It's all I have.

4. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Arcadia, CA
    Its not that easy while I play bass primarily now with my bass I have an acoustic, a 12 string, a nylon and an electric guitar. And I have replaced two stolen guitars. Maybe a count of amplifiers?

5. All you have to read is a GAS thread to realize that instrument sales have nothing to do with number of players.