1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bassists vs Other Musicians - economic

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by FunkOff, Jan 26, 2014.

1. FunkOff

FunkOff

Whats up everybody,

I am conducting some market research on the bass guitar market in Canada/ the world and I am having trouble finding statistics dedicated to the bass guitar market.

I am trying to find the percentage of bass guitar players vs musicians in Canada/ Nation.

If somebody knows a good site to find this information or happens to know the percentage with a link to back it up please hit me with it!

Us bassists should know how big or small our community really is!

Cheers,
    FunkOff

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Based on a local (French) music shop, there is approximately one bass sold every 30 guitars, 1 every 12 if you only consider electrics.
    Most bass owners (at least half of them) are active musicians, while hardly 1 out of 10 guitar owners truly plays.
    It's all I have.

3. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Its not that easy while I play bass primarily now with my bass I have an acoustic, a 12 string, a nylon and an electric guitar. And I have replaced two stolen guitars. Maybe a count of amplifiers?

4. SnowCal

SnowCal

All you have to read is a GAS thread to realize that instrument sales have nothing to do with number of players.

5. Register to disable this ad