Bassists with Finger *Bling*

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by gustobassman, Feb 9, 2013.

1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets
    This thread is all about your digits. I thought bass humor would be perfect for this because some people wear some really odd stuff on their fingers when they play.

Truth be told, when i was younger playing in hardcore or metal bands, i did the look. You know, skull rings, the "mandatory" iron cross, spikes.. etc. So as i've matured i kinda got out of the *bling* phase. Until recently.....

For christmas my lady set me up with a really cool black onyx ring that has some size and stands out. It looks pretty darn cool when i rock out. Anybody else dress up your digits for a gig? Bring it on!

Attached Files:

2. Astreaux

Astreaux

Three rings on each hand at all times...

[​IMG]
  3. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

Two rings on the right hand at all times. None on the left.
  4. Lawkeeper

Lawkeeper

I suppose this counts ;) I never take the ring off, so it's not exactly dressing up.

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    I've actually stopped wearing my wedding ring because its messing up the neck on my main bass, plus I keep getting weird noises like I'm playin slide guitar when it hits the strings.

My wife is making me get my wedding ring tattooed.
  7. mogpipe

mogpipe

I hate wearing rings. Or even watches for that matter. Hands and wrists must be free!!!! Stop the madness NOWWWWW!!!
  8. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Yea I don't how you guys wear anything. My hands are all over the place. No matter what I wore or where, it would get in the way or bang into my bass.
  9. Itzayana

Itzayana

I have been wearing my wedding ring on my right hand since I was married 14 years ago for this very same reason.
  10. Richland123

Richland123

I have never worn rings. I used to work around many types of machines and printing presses and jewelry was a no-no. Even after that, I never felt comfortable wearing one or any type of jewelry.
  11. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

No rings for me! My wife is super awesome letting me leave my wedding ring on the dresser when I head out to the bar to be a rock star!
  12. Maz

Maz

I wear my wedding ring (a thin gold band) on my left hand and it has never interfered with my playing. Maybe this would be a problem for some but the neck never rides that deep into the crook of my fingers.
  13. JimiLL

JimiLL Supporting Member

No one touches my basses with any metal on.

Watches, rings, bracelets, belt buckles, chain wallets..... you got these on you are NOT playing my bass
  14. Saxn

Saxn

MY wife, OTOH, is decidedly NOT. That 'ring' you see on my left hand is actually a keyring that she is making me wear after my original came off and vapoized during a camping trip about a month ago. :atoz:
    IMG_20130210_114329.jpg
    IMG_20130210_114212.jpg
  15. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

Can't stand any jewelry on me at all. Senseless baubles that just get snagged on stuff. I leave the metal trinkets to the women.
  16. SpecialBlender

SpecialBlender

I used to switch my wedding ring over to my right hand when I played. Due to the work I was doing at the time the ring stayed home during the day and got stolen in a break in. I now wear a fairly heavy signet type ring on my right hand but some nights it becomes quite loose and moves around too much so off it comes.
  17. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

+1. I never wear a wedding ring or even a watch.
  18. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

I can't stand wearing my wedding ring while playing. It bangs on the neck, it catches the strings sometimes, it feels heavy too. It comes off just before we go on stage. I have a carribeanner on my key ring specifically for it. The ring goes right back on after the last note of the night.
  19. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I don't wear jewelry of any kind including a wedding ring. I have a nice watch that I wear if I am going to a wedding or other event but that's all.
  20. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

I wear a wedding ring, but only when I'm out of the house. It comes off as soon as I come through the front door.

The only time this is different is when I'm at band practice or a gig, it stays home then because it knocks on my frets and fretboard.
  21. jaywa

jaywa

Wedding ring stays on 24/7. Non negotiable. It's never interfered with my technique.

Well, my playing technique anyway. ;)

No other rings and I havent worn a watch in 30 years.