1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

BassLab experience?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funk, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Funk

Funk

I have been looking into the basses from BassLab and wanted to know what those of you who are current owners have experienced. Could you try to explain the tone and feel compared to other basses that are not composite. Specifically asking about the Soul bass but please chime in if you have experienced any of the instruments.
  2. Funk

Funk

3. Funk

Funk

Last Bump
  4. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration Supporting Member

I sent you a private message. By the way, killer basses.
  5. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

Superb basses. My Soul V weighs 5.2 lbs and balances perfectly. I had it made with a super thin top and 3 sound holes so it's quite loud acoustically, but it won't feed back unless you sit it on the amp. It sounds like a hollowbody-huge and fat. Even with the bridge pup soloed it's pretty full.....never goes out of tune.
  6. cnltb

cnltb

The ones I have tried were very nice indeed.
    The one jazz bass(a Soul IV) of theirs I tried was possibly the most 'alive' feeling jazz I ever tried.
    And it was light in weight, which for me is a plus!

Basslab do communicate well via e-mail and are really nice in person.

Feel free to call this a wholehearted recommendation based on the limited eperience I have had with Basslab and their instruments for what might be very close to 20 years.
  7. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos Supporting Member

There doesn't seem to be any good videos or soundclips of the Basslab Soul's (all the clips on the site, save the acoustic ones, are broken links.). Anyone have any good clips?
  8. mark beem

mark beem Supporting Member

9. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration Supporting Member

I have a Soul IV which Heiko sent to me to try before ordering. It plays like butter, sits comfortably on your knee and balances well while on a strap. I have had many bassist to play it, and all loved how it sounds. The Bassxx pre is very quiet, but flexible. Fits well in any genre of music.