1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bassman 212 help

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by coreyw666, Jul 3, 2013.

1. coreyw666

coreyw666

I went to sell my old Aria csb380 yesterday and the shop didn't want to buy it but offered me some trade money for it. I saw this fender bassman 212 but the dimensions seem bigger than the other 212s anyone have any idea what it is?
    Also I tried my 400rb through it at home and it sounds good I just don't know how much I can push it. Any advice? Hoping I didn't waste my $$.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. Ifriff

Ifriff

Sure that's not a 215? Looks like a 215

3. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

If that's a Fender box at all, it's likely an old Showman cabinet. I think there were both 2x12 & 2x15 models. I agree that looks like a 2x15 sized box. It has no "vintage" value so its value depends on if you like it or not. If you like it, then it's a great find!

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

IMO, it's not worth it unless you can open it up and check out the speakers and find out the manufacturer. The cabs only really can handle low to mid power gigs. A couple of them do much better. Still, it depends on your goals for tone and volume.

Here's a link to TBr Johnk_10 cab that he sold with specs: http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/68-Showman-Cab.html

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

That is the Single Showman "tone ring" cab. Not a dual speaker cab. They are vastly different. ;)

7. hsech

hsech Smile. Life is short. Gold Supporting Member

It doesn't even look like a Fender cab to me. The corner protectors look more modern. The cab definitely looks like it was designed for 2x15.

8. coreyw666

coreyw666

I opened it up it has two 12's that say fender instrument loudspeaker. They say made by jensen and the numbers are c12na. I just don't want to push it if the speakers are worth anything.

9. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

C12N's are pretty desirable guitar speakers not sure what the a at the end is about.