Bassstringsonline.com - are you freaking serious?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by stratovani, Feb 2, 2013.

1. stratovani

stratovani

I am absolutely stunned! Some background - Last weekend I broke the E string on my Hofner Icon as I was tuning it up. Not wanting to buy an entire set of strings I fired off a quick PM to Jason asking him if he'd consider selling just a single E string from a La Bella Beatle Bass string set. No problem, he said, he even set up his website so that it would be easy for me to order it. Kudos #1! Then I told him that I would have to wait until Payday to order it. No problem, he said - kudos #2! So I ordered it and paid for it just this past Thursday morning. Here we are, Saturday morning, just two days later, and the string just arrived here! Kudos #3 - a hat trick of kudos!

Jason, if you're reading this, do you have a Star Trek transporter at your disposal? I'm stupefied! This goes above and beyond customer service. I was expecting to receive it sometime early next week, but two days? Unbelievable! From Woodland Hills, CA to Spencer, MA has got to be well over 3000 miles. I've had girlfriends who gave less service than this!

Jason, you've got a customer for life here! Do I recommend bassstringsonline.com? What do you think? :D

2. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Ordered my last batch from them. Great deal.

3. klejst

klejst

Awesome story and I laughed a little about the girlfriend remark. I have heard a lot of praise on here for Bassstringsonline.com and the fact he is also a member on here is great. I am seriously thinking about ordering my strings from Jason's site from now on and reading something like this further makes me want to do so.

4. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

I just ordered a couple things from them. Prices were good but I thought shipping was a little bit steep.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

And after reading the OP, I went and checked my mailbox, and there's my stuff, two days after I ordered.

That's crazy fast.

7. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

I've had nothing but excellent service from Jason and when I had a problem with some strings I thought were made improperly he actually drove out to meet me and exchange them in person. He takes customer service very seriously and it shows.

8. winterburn69

winterburn69

Next time I buy strings I plan on buying a few sets from bassstringsonline. I've been looking around at other sites but you can't beat all the things said here on talkbass. I just really don't like waiting for things though :(

9. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Yeah. Jason is nothing short of awesome. There is already a thread that has been continued onto a second one praising BSO with a good number of individual threads along with it. All I do now is order strings from him. Last order on a custom set of Dean Markleys took over 2 weeks to arrive since DM was taking their sweet time. Jason threw in a free set of the custom Boomers I requested for free, even though I asked for a discount on the set and that it was DMs fault and not his. After that moment, I wont buy strings from anywhere but BSO. Last time I use DM strings tho LOL

10. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Unfortunately Monday USPS raised their rates.

We raised our max shipping for domestic users $0.70. This is still only $0.50 more than one of our competitors but we actually use the "Priority Mail" shipping method advertised. The only reason we have a slightly higher price for Priority is we give users an option to use First Class Mail at a reduced price for smaller orders.

May I ask what the items were that you purchased to see why you feel the pricing was too steep.

If anytime our max shipping rate of $7.44 for forum users seems too much for the size of your order please let me know or put a notation in your order comments and we will see if there is another option for you.

The shopping cart figures shipping based on quantity for domestic orders... So if you order 3 single High-C strings you will only have Priority mail as an option, but I can ship those 3 single High-C strings via First Class mail for the reduced price by request.

Please feel free to ask any questions and make any suggestions so we can improve our service!

11. Doodaddy

Doodaddy Supporting Member

I anticipated seeing the first bad remarks about BSO judging from the title of this thread.

Glad to see I was mistaken. :)

12. Lorenzini

Lorenzini Supporting Member

No complaints here.

Purchased some DR Neons for a New Years gig and he did additional website setups so I could do a proper purchase order on it.

Also very fast communication. Top notch.

13. Diesel Kilgore

Diesel Kilgore

BSO is great. We have a praise thread already. You're not alone by a long shot. :D

14. Atlanta Dave

Atlanta Dave Supporting Member

I agree, great service and great prices from Jason and bassstringsonline!

15. BassmanAK

BassmanAK

My transition to four strings has been helped along mightily by BSO, and it's incredible selection, including my current faves, the Roto BS66 set. :D

16. neuralsnafu

neuralsnafu

ya know, i just ordered some stuff friday, haven't received it yet, but i think i ordered in the middle of the night so no worries there... but i just wanted to say the reason i ordered from bassstringsonline is the forum presence, and the fact that i havent read a single bad thing about the place and cust service seems top...

17. tylerwylie

tylerwylie Supporting Member

If only USPS didn't suck so hard here. Always wait 3-4 days.

18. TimWatson

TimWatson Supporting Member

I get everything from here now. Sent a message through the website about a custom upright string order. My phone rang 10 minutes later and no problem, best price possible, that was a Friday evening. Monday was a holiday. One of the strings had to be special ordered. Got the set on Thursday. Yep, for life.

19. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Think it's your mail room!