1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Batman Begins

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Jun 16, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Holy. Crap.

Now that's what a Batman movie is supposed to be. The writing? Awesome. The acting? Superb. The story? Outstanding.

The only thing that could come close to a complaint is that there was a whole lot crammed into this 2+ hour movie - it easily could have been two movies and fleshed out a bit.

Scarecrow was amazing - not only the actor that played him, but also the effects of his scheme. There is some freaky stuff going on in this movie.

I used to think that Tim Burton got it right the first time, but this movie makes that movie look like the Adam West Batman movie. No Prince in this movie, just awesomeness. No campiness, no terrible villain dialogue, no bat-nipples.

Christian Bale is my new favorite Batman. He puts all the others to shame. He makes even Michael Keaton look like a bum.

In case you couldn't tell, I liked it. ;) Run, don't walk, and go see it today.
  2. Razor

Razor

That's saying quite a bit..... Keaton was awesome, and my fav Batman of all in the movie series...although I spoke to a freind of mine last night who said Batman Begins was amazing...and probably the best one yet. I'm going to go see it today and see if you guys are right.
  3. DigMe

DigMe

I've always like Bale...ever since his incredible performance as a child in Empire of the Sun.

brad cook
  4. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

American Psycho won me over!
  5. Gia

Gia

soooo good!
    granted i did fall asleep 15 mintues before the end, but it was a 1am showing!
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

I wasn't a big fan of the writing/dialog/story all that much, but I enjoyed everything else about it.
  7. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

I'm pretty stoked to see it. I hated Batman Returns with passion. It sucked.

Hopefully I'll dig the new one.
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money

Disclosures:
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Keaton SUCKED as batman.
  9. cgworkman

cgworkman

I saw it last night...and...I agree.

9.75 stars out of 10.
  10. mike_v_s

mike_v_s

You've got it all wrong. Keaton sucked in everything BUT Batman.

Mike
  11. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Chief Low-Frequency Facilitator, Gollihur Music LLC

What, you didn't like him in "Multiplicity?" :bag:

Keaton was so-so in the suit, excellent as Bruce Wayne, IMHO.

I'm looking forward to seeing this new one. I have a feeling that it's not only what every Batman movie should have been, it's what most SUPERHERO movies should have been.
  12. BassManJim

BassManJim

+1

Though I didn't care that much for the FX or camera work either

:D

.............Jim
  13. geoffkhan

geoffkhan

How was the music? Hans Zimmer is awesome. He has exclusively sampled the London Symphony Orchestra. It'll be a happy day [for me] if I get a hold of his computer. :p
  14. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret

Best of all the Batman movies, imo. :hyper:
  15. Razor

Razor

I enjoyed it very much. It definately runs a close race with the 1st Batman in my book. Bale did an outstanding job...as well as having a stellar group of actors/actresses to work with.

I was impressed.
  16. Christopher

Christopher

Highly recommended. This movie is a great and scary thriller that just coincidentally happens to be a "Batman" movie.

The music's something of a nonentity if you're looking for a trumpety superhero theme, but it's f**king awesome as straight soundtrack music. The best use of the music is when Bale's standing in the middle of the newly discovered Batcave being swarmed by bats. Gave me chills.
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Great. I liked the first one, then watched them progressively suck harder with each new release. I'll go check it out.
  18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Too bad Batman's not a superhero. He's smart, really fit, a great fighter, and rich as sin, but there's nothing "super" about him.

Definitely looking forward to the movie, though!
  19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Batman begins does make me wish that this was the first batman movie and we had 3 more to look forward to that would be of equal or greater quality.
  20. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

well, if it rakes in the cash, which i am sure it will, then it'll just be begging for sequels.