1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Battery compartment idea!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mattbass97, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Hello all, I use my ehx bass blogger on my board however I must power it by battery as it does not work with a daisy chain and it needs an adapter to work with a daisy chain which costs £20 and might not work. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone (in the uk) who could install a battery compartment on the pedal beside the footswitch? Anybody think its possible?

Thanks
  2. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

The Blogger should work on your power supply by itself, doesn't it? I mean with no other pedals attached? An easier option might be to just get a second power supply dedicated to the Blogger, or just lose the Blogger since it is being a PITA. If you expect to continue experimenting with effects you could also look into a small isolated power supply like a Voodoo Labs ISO 5. It will work for your Blogger and be a very versatile solution for most pedals you'll look at in the future.

I know having a battery door cut into the pedal is possible, but I think the cost of having someone cut into an aluminum enclosure would be prohibitive compared to an additional power supply, unless you can get someone to do it because they like you.

Good luck, though.
  3. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Thanks for that! I might kick the thing off my board and just bring it back when I actually need it which probably won't be too soon.