1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Battery Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PipeRain, Nov 25, 2013.

1. PipeRain

PipeRain Operator Of Pointy Basses Supporting Member

I have actives in all my basses, and use a wireless, and have for as long as I have been playing. If I load everything up at once, it would take 11 batteries. After playing with the same types of rigs for almost 20 years I got bit by the "Bad out of the box" battery issue for the first time at rehearsal last Thursday. I have been using Eveready's or Duracell's for the most part, outside a time where I used rechargeables for a while. I am a fastidious battery changer, batteries in the wireless get changed weekly (Which is usually about 5-6 hours of use) and batteries in the basses get swapped out about every six months.

My question is, is there a battery out there that is higher quality than the standard stuff you pick up at local retailers, or does everyone just buy a bucketful of off the rack 9 volts and call it good?
  2. Crater

Crater

Engergizer Advanced Lithium 9v batteries. Only about twice the cost as regular alkaline batteries. I haven't used them (my pedalboard has a power supply), but the description on Home Depot's website says they're "Ideal for use in professional audio devices".
  3. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member