Battery Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PipeRain, Nov 25, 2013.

1. PipeRain

PipeRain Operator Of Pointy Basses

I have actives in all my basses, and use a wireless, and have for as long as I have been playing. If I load everything up at once, it would take 11 batteries. After playing with the same types of rigs for almost 20 years I got bit by the "Bad out of the box" battery issue for the first time at rehearsal last Thursday. I have been using Eveready's or Duracell's for the most part, outside a time where I used rechargeables for a while. I am a fastidious battery changer, batteries in the wireless get changed weekly (Which is usually about 5-6 hours of use) and batteries in the basses get swapped out about every six months.

My question is, is there a battery out there that is higher quality than the standard stuff you pick up at local retailers, or does everyone just buy a bucketful of off the rack 9 volts and call it good?

2. Crater

Crater

Engergizer Advanced Lithium 9v batteries. Only about twice the cost as regular alkaline batteries. I haven't used them (my pedalboard has a power supply), but the description on Home Depot's website says they're "Ideal for use in professional audio devices".

3. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member