1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Battery Wearing Out Too Soon?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ZenG, Dec 28, 2013.

1. ZenG

ZenG

The battery that goes in the back of the guitar (Nine Volt) to power an "active" bass pre-amp:-

I don't know if those of you who just bought a bass are aware of this but:-

But I was told by my guru to un-plug the cable from the jack in the guitar whenever it is not being used.

If you leave it connected it will eat the battery way faster, whether you are playing the guitar or not.

Cheers......:bassist:
  2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

That's actually quite common knowledge... but never hurts to repeat the basics for those who don't know...
  3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

yeah,.. a lot of people are un-aware that the plugged in cord acts as "ON" switch for the active circuit. i found out the hard way, lol. :)