1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

BBB: Custom Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dieseldan, Feb 1, 2014.

1. dieseldan

dieseldan Supporting Member

One recent purchase is a fretless bass with two humbuckers and lighter than any wood bass I have ever held at 6.5 lbs. The internet found me the builder's page which leads me to believe I own number 8.

Problem is the wood seems to have lost it's weight by losing structural integrity. The tapewounds are literally pulling the bridge screws out of the body. Would it be salvageable to try a bridge with more screws, or should I try finding a new body for the neck and electronics?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dieseldan

Might try a different bridge this weekend.

3. bobdabilder

bobdabilder

You can try the toothpick and elmers glue to firm up the holes a bit. if the wood is that soft, you may have to go with a different body wood. any idea what it's made of now? have any pics of the bridge where it's pulling loose?

4. dieseldan

Royal Paulownia wood. That is definitely worth a shot. Might be able to get some pictures tonight, but my camera is terrible.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

7. dieseldan

Bass Buying Binge, I edited my original post which was asking info about this bass after it was purchased.