BBE Bmax (B-Max) SS Rackmount Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Josh Thatguy, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    $120 SHIPPED

I bought this preamp a few weeks ago out here on TB to update an older BBE solidstate preamp I was using in one of my rigs. I bought it/paid for it on a Friday, and I was promised it would be shipped out the following Monday. I expected it to arrive by my next practice the following Sunday (9 days), so I sold my old preamp to another local bassist.
    Unfortunately for me, the seller didn't ship this one out until the following Thursday late in the afternoon, and didn't let me know until Thursday night. Getting it by Sunday was out the window. I had another practice scheduled on the following Tuesday also, and my duplicate rig was locked up in storage. So I bought this same preamp at a pawnshop on Saturday just to be able to play.
    So here's this one again on Talkbass, for $120 SHIPPED (I paid more than that for the rougher-looking one at the pawnshop) to the lower 48. Sorry, no international shipping.

This is a great preamp, fully functional, no problems or issues. I connected it earlier tonight to confirm that it works 100%. There's no strange noises, and the pots are not scratchy. There is some (undisclosed to me) rack rash as pictured, but ONLY on the top and bottom, NOT on the front anywhere except around the screw holes. Comes with the original box and instruction manual.

Check my 100% positive Ebay feeback under "joshcop609".
    As for my Talkbass feedback... here's the deal on my one "negative" from almost a year ago: I traded a vintage mid-80s Ibanez phaser pedal for a Boss bass eq. I was running the phaser with a 9-volt battery, and it worked great in my signal chain, because I did not have the original power source, and I wasn't going to goof around with a non-specific power source.
    The buyer/trader did not contact me until **after using, by his own admission, "several" power sources.** (Those asterisks aren't covering swear words; I put them there for emphasis on the fact that the guy tried a bunch of power sources, THEN contacted me about a sudden "noise in the pedal.") Now, I'm easy to work with, but to me, if he used a few different power sources on a vintage pedal while trying to find the one that worked, instead of a 9v battery that was working fine, then that "noise that's there now" was on him. Seriously, I'm not here to get one over on anybody. My stuff works, and any issues or conditions will be announced ahead of time. That's why I've listed all the details on this preamp.
    I'm currently waiting feedback for deals from last week on a pedal and a high-end bass, so my psotives should be going up shortly.

Paypal accepted.
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Josh Thatguy

Disclosures:
    Top surface, and bottom surface. Obviously, this is hidden when it's in a rack.

Attached Files:

3. Josh Thatguy

Disclosures:
  4. Josh Thatguy

Disclosures:
    Somebody needs this thing for only $120
    BUMP!
  5. Register to disable this ad