BBE Sonic Stomp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MattStonewall, Mar 7, 2014.

1. MattStonewall

MattStonewall

My guitarist uses a BBE Sonic Stomp and it does wonders for his sound. Would this be of any use on a bass rig? Does anyone on here use one already? Are the bass specific pedals like this or things that this pedal would do that would alter your bass sound in a negative way? Just curious. Thanks!
  2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

The general consensus is no provided your rig is decent sounding to start with. It may improve a marginal amplification system...guitar, bass, PA, etc. I use a rackmount to sweeten our monitor system but that's about it.

Why don't you borrow your guitarist's pedal and use it for one set? That should either sell you or have you handing it back quickly.

Riis
  3. Swift713

Swift713

Or just turn up your bass and treble knobs a bit.
  4. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

It's good for making a passive bass sound active and modern. I keep one on my board, but only really use it when I'm playing through someone else's amp and it just doesn't have the clarity I like. With my own setup, it just takes out too much midrange content.
  5. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

I'm a huge fan of the rackmount, and I have a very nice set up, IMO. I play a Genz Benz GBE1200 into an Aguilar GS 412 with a Sterling Ray34Ca that has the Aguilar OBP-3 and Nordstrand MM4.2.
  6. AlexBassMP

AlexBassMP

IT's a stomp which can be used with bass too.

The Zoom MS60B has a Sonic Stomp emulation which works pretty nice.
  7. Feral Feline

Feral Feline

Or give an Aphex Aural Xciter a go...

Some fall in love with them and it's an "always on" pedal. Some people use them for a few years then give them up for whatever reasons...

Trust your ears, let your own conception of "sounds good" guide you...
  8. Nate85x

Nate85x

It was one of my favorite things on my board, I just changed it to the rack mount instead. Some people like it some don't but its one of those things that I enjoyed having in my rig. My opinion made things sound just a little bit clearer.