Recently acquired a mockingbird and like many others I don't like the headstock logo.Inspired by what Johnk 10 did with the oldstyle look I come up with this. I chose black to tie it in with the hardware.I always like the big R but I didn't care much for the mahogany front. To each his own I say. So I come up with an easy way to modify your headstock without being a master craftsman. I talked to the creative cuts inlay guy on ebay and got a big R in abalone. Painted headstock with black laquer and put decal on and did 20 something coats of clear laquer over it. After about 10 coats I block sanded over the R with 400 grit to knock the raised portion down. The goal is to not feel the R. Than on the last few coats I wet sanded with 1500 grit in between coats. The last pic I did still needs one more sanding and polish. This looks as real as an inlay and took mainly a little patiance. I will post a final pick in the next day or so. Hope you like it.