Beatles Melody Sheet Music for Double Bass

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Kim Slava, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Kim Slava

Kim Slava

Hi. My 14-year-old daughter is a Freshman in high school and plays doublebass. She is a fan of the Beatles music. Can someone help me find a compilation of Beatles melodies transcribed for DoubleBass?
    It is not clear to me if some of the compilations I see on the internet are the bass line for Beatle songs vs. the melody. I am looking for the melodies written out so she can play them.
    I have some Beatles Piano Music, but she would have to transpose those.
    Maybe even a so-called "Fake Book" of Beatles melodies written for bass clef?
    She enjoys the earlier Beatles songs more than the later stuff...before Sgt. Peppers and the White Album.
    Can someone give me a little guidance or some links to something that might serve?
    Thanks.

2. PsychoScout

PsychoScout

just transpose the melodies to bass clef?

3. Kim Slava

Kim Slava

Thanks...that is an option, but that is not what I am looking for.

4. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Media:
    I know this isn't any direct help to the question but I hafta say: if you're going to learn the melody to a Beatles tune, chances are really good you're going to want to learn the bass part too. Paul put together bass parts that in most cases truly counter-melodies. I think in that regard he's more or less unique in pop & rock music. Check out "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" as just one example.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MKoby

MKoby Supporting Member

The late George Vance did a transcription of four Beatles tune medley for basses.
    I do not know if it was published.

You might ask Martha Vance if she still has it.

Linky
    www.slavapub.net

all the best
    C# don't Bb

M

7. Jack Clark

Jack Clark

If you can't find them specifically for bass, see if you can find them for trombone. It's also an F clef (bass clef) C instrument. I enjoy playing melodies out of trombone books.

8. doberman

doberman

Trombone (as Jack said) or cello is an option too, I am certain there are several cello books with Beatles tunes, my sister used to have one but I can't remember the name of it, though range could be an issue, but not that hard to work around. Though honestly, there has to be a million lead sheets in treble clef, its really not that hard to learn how to put them in bass clef and it will be a skill that would come in handy the rest of her career as a bassist. If she is serious about it, she will have to learn both fluently anyway.

That said, something like this might work though http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Best-of-the-Beatles-for-Cello/7896824

i think you can take a look at some of the pages, it all looks very playable. No chord changes, but it sounds like you mostly want the melodies anyway and the changes would be easy to find

9. Jack Clark

Jack Clark

10. Erik V

Erik V

I hate to be the "nagging" guy to say this, but maybe she could try to transcribe them? It'd probably really help her ear, and be enjoyable at the same time!

11. Jack Clark

Jack Clark

+1.

12. nitewalker

nitewalker

"The Beatles Complete Scores" (Hal Leonard) available on Amazon and elsewhere has all the lyrics, bass transcriptions, chords and tabs for all of their songs. Not cheap, but the real thing.