1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Beautiful Ergo 5-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by soundwavelove, Feb 23, 2014.

1. soundwavelove

soundwavelove

I have a really nice Ergo 5 string that I'm looking to sell. It's a beautiful piece of wood and jessie himself said it was one of the prettiest ones he's ever made.

I didn't like the original finish so I had it stripped and refinished by a local professional luthier. It's got a oil finish now, much better, feels like wood in your hands.

It's a 5 string, but the nut cracked on the bass side, so the low B won't sit in there. I took the 5th string off, along with the tuning peg (because the pegs rattle when they're not strung.) But I'll still ship the peg and the low B with it.

Essentially it's just needs a new nut to be 100% functional, but works fine as a 4-string as it is now. I just want 500 for it plus shipping (prob like 30-40 bucks) to the lower 48.

You can email me at soundwavelove at hotmail if you want pics or whatever. I'm also soundwavelove at harmony central, I sell and buy gear all the time, I have a good rep there.

2. carl h.

carl h.

Is this still available?