1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Beautiful Fender '83 P w/Replacement Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Diaper Geni, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Supporting Member

Impulse buy. When am I going to learn?

Very nice looking Fender '83 Precision with a Stewmac replacement neck with a rosewood board with the original tuners. Not sure if the string tree is original.

Body is what I'd call VG condition for a 30+ year old instrument. A few scrapes and such and some buckle rash on the back. VERY nice looking 'burst. (That's what hooked me!)

Neck is, honestly, so-so. Fret ends are rough and it could prolly use a fret level. BUT, the back of the neck is a satin finish and the board has some great grain to it. It's got potential, for sure.

This is not your daddy's P bass. No Motown funk here. It's got that great aggressive midrange that, IMO, would be great for rock/punk. Currently wearing flats. LaBella's maybe?

No case or gigbag. It'll be shipped with the neck and body taken apart. I don't like to ship basses any other way without a case or gigbag.

BODY IS SOLD!! Neck, fully loaded w/'83 Fender tuners, is $75 shipped to lower 48.
  2. The Diaper Geni

3. The Diaper Geni

4. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I have the perfect same vintage 83 J neck that would be killer on this, I need to move some stuff before I can buy something but that bass is HOT.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. The Diaper Geni

Will separate.

Body for $450 shipped. Neck and tuners for $75 shipped.
  7. The Diaper Geni

Body sold!

Fully loaded neck w/'83 Fender tuners still available!
  8. The Diaper Geni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.